• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Levelling (1 Viewer)

RedCents
360¢
Im terrible about picking the right forums here..sorry if not a good place...hopefully some nice admin will move it if not.

Taking advantage of the free 100s from the anniversary..was curious the best place to take 1, with a group of 120ish.... for fast levelling ....ive been using sathirs..but without the bonus xp..its a bit slow...

I have really liked the Frozen Tower where the specters are. I think it's the 5th level (not sure off the top of my head. If you park in the bottom left of the room you get an endless supply of spawns with decent xp. I think there are 5+ in the room and if you pull them correctly they are all single pulls.

I would take advantage of frontier mountains and grind easy to 105. Then move on to Tov eastern wastes and do some progression or named to get some gear and level to 110 before you do Tov missions. That should get you to 115 or close too doing all 4

Remember its not about only what you kill (experience per monster), but how fast you can kill as well. That being said, I do not know how efficient or powerful your group is, so what you do is move down the selection of expansions and see what you can kill at a fast rate. The higher the expansion, the more experience you get, but if it takes too long to kill then you will move one expansion lower until you meet your needs

The rule is this : Kill rate > mob experience - killing 3 MOB fast is better than killing 1 MOB

You can look at your Experience meter and see how fast it moves

Remember its not about only what you kill (experience per monster), but how fast you can kill as well.
Just to add another layer, it's about what you find fun. The different zones all have something to offer, albeit that offering may not be very unique or efficient, it's at least different. Depending on how you new you are, I always try to make the suggestion for people to just explore and figure out what they really enjoy. If you're just looking for the quickest way to max level and you've already seen and done all this stuff then
I would take advantage of frontier mountains and grind easy to 105. Then move on to Tov eastern wastes and do some progression or named to get some gear and level to 110 before you do Tov missions. That should get you to 115 or close too doing all 4
is great advice.

I just think it's important to remember that it's not always about the destination when leveling in EverQuest, it's ostensibly about the journey. ;) GLHF!

I'm waiting for 110 on doing the TOV missions/quests..etc.....In sathirs tomb, i can pull 15-20 mobs at a time...but i can only do one room, 'cuz some afk groups in the other rooms ruh roh.... once 110 I'll do the missions/etc in tov...i also do TOL missions for xp....wasnt sure if there were better options...i've seen some groups do WW at Temple of Veeshan..never tried it.

If you are grouping him with 120's. Assuming the 120's you have are in Ascending (ToL), or better yet, Gallant (LS) T1 gear, pick a ToV or CoV zone. And if your 120's have T1 LS weapons, #Winning. If not, then think about picking those up.
As said above find the out of the way zone where you can kill the fastest. Worse case, you are 120 and in ToV/CoV T1 armor. That leaves you quite a few zones in those expansions.
WW - the dragon/wyvern/brood mother caves.
Dragon Necropolis - Spiders or the chetarir at the very back of the zone past the dracoliches.
Temple of Veeshan, pick a portion with no named mobs and go ham.
Tower of frozen shadows, another good spot, not the first floor. I hate that ice.
Eastern Wastes - I spent a good deal of time at the coldian hut just past the bridge (west side) before I found this place. We'd hunt the dwarfs, then the undead, then I'd pull elephants/griphons/ whatever I could find.
Great Divide, bottom of map by bloodmaw is a place I maxxed my 115-120 AA on my alts. GREAT CAMP. But, it can be on run paths from EW to the quest givers.

I'd go to ToV/CoV zones. You have 120's. Give your 100 bard invis.. or invis or Ivu if you dont have that and just have them sit there drooling on themselves. You can work the skillz after you get em leveled and geared. I never bothered to gear any of my alts until level 110, when I could put them in snowbound. Just seemed a waste of plat since all they did was stand there and watch things around them die.

Best of luck.

I have really liked the Frozen Tower where the specters are. I think it's the 5th level (not sure off the top of my head. If you park in the bottom left of the room you get an endless supply of spawns with decent xp. I think there are 5+ in the room and if you pull them correctly they are all single pulls.
This spot is perfect for under geared toons. Whatever is tanking needs to be set but the rest do not. There is no major AEs here other the the named and once its turned they wont hit anything but the tank.. I have lvled toons starting at 85 here.

Once I get a 100 the first thing i do is TOV Paragon.
Warning for anybody reading this - they nerfed max experience and missions will only give you 2 levels max, even at 100, so wait until 110 to do them.

Grinding in Frontier Mountains with 120s will be the fastest way to 108, then, depending on your group (and patience to get there), you can do Sathrs Tomb to 110... then hey, the World is your oyster.

I like Great Divide (even more with a pally) and Maidens Eye (with ranger/rogue) or Ka Vethan (with pally/ranger/rogue).

Warning for anybody reading this - they nerfed max experience and missions will only give you 2 levels max, even at 100, so wait until 110 to do them.

Grinding in Frontier Mountains with 120s will be the fastest way to 108, then, depending on your group (and patience to get there), you can do Sathrs Tomb to 110... then hey, the World is your oyster.

I like Great Divide (even more with a pally) and Maidens Eye (with ranger/rogue) or Ka Vethan (with pally/ranger/rogue).

ToV paragon still gets you from 100 to 110 without lesson as recently as Friday, 4/5/2024. NOTE: on FV with standard FV exp rate but no other bonuses. Mileage may vary on non-exp boosted servers. This includes exp from mobs, quest completion, achievement completion (for each mission), and ultimately paragon completion.

That said, 100-110 via other means are easier and you should still hold off for the paragon to help you with the 110+ grind. (On FV paragon got me 113 to 115 in just a few hours of work).

Don't forget to checkout this post using Events for Icebound Avatar if you are boxing the paragon.

ToV paragon still gets you from 100 to 110 without lesson as recently as Friday, 4/5/2024. NOTE: on FV with standard FV exp rate but no other bonuses. Mileage may vary on non-exp boosted servers. This includes exp from mobs, quest completion, achievement completion (for each mission), and ultimately paragon completion.

That said, 100-110 via other means are easier and you should still hold off for the paragon to help you with the 110+ grind. (On FV paragon got me 113 to 115 in just a few hours of work).

Don't forget to checkout this post using Events for Icebound Avatar if you are boxing the paragon.
Yeah, that works out - 2 levels per -> 4 missions + paragon = 10 levels.

No longer 100-110 in 2 missions, like it used to be.

Yeah, that works out - 2 levels per -> 4 missions + paragon = 10 levels.

No longer 100-110 in 2 missions, like it used to be.

Unless you are maxing out at 115 I wouldn't burn those anyway. I play on test and use collections to level quite a bit but stop personally at 116 - run TOV/TOL missions in about an hour and then do collections (about 90 minutes) to hit 125. I wouldn't waste the tov missions ealry personally.

Unless you are maxing out at 115 I wouldn't burn those anyway. I play on test and use collections to level quite a bit but stop personally at 116 - run TOV/TOL missions in about an hour and then do collections (about 90 minutes) to hit 125. I wouldn't waste the tov missions ealry personally.
Yeah, that's what I said above - they are a waste of exp before 110-111 and, if you can save them for later, even better.

Question - Levelling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back