• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Learning To Writing Macros? (1 Viewer)

OBI

RedCents
Hey guys, I'd like to start to learn how to write macros and what not, I would like any help or a point in the right direction. I want to start by dissecting someone else's macro, but I'm not sure where to start. Is there a website or book I can look into? Where can I learn what does what? Is there a program involved in? Thanks a bunch. I'm not asking for anyone to hold my hand lol just a nudge in the right direction please:)

OBI,

There are numerous macros our there to learn from. I'd start with tradeskill macros. Reason I say that is because they generally have everything in them, conditonal statements, use of an INI file, user interface interaction.

If you are interested in macros that do quest ... here is one I did back in the day to automate the Task Master quests. http://forums.notaddicted.com/showthread.php?t=11471&highlight=advtask

For syntax you can weed through the MQ2 Wiki http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page or simply ask in this form.

-Alatyami

The way I learned to write macros was first by customizing already existing macros to do something I want, then building further and changing entire subroutines.

Then I got to the point I could write from scratch.

Other people may learn differently but really it's all about studying what each command does and how it works, writing a bunch of shitty code realizing it's shitty and unshityfying it (new word I made it up!) so that it actually runs and does what you want.

Once we get warp/zone/etc all working again I'll be getting a macro together that does as many commands as possible and yet is also useful. Basically I'll be commenting it line by line so that people can understand how macros work, but the active hacks are priority #1 atm.

Yeah but you should sid, I do just so someone can look at my code and find the broke part for me easier. I know yours doesn't break like mine but the comments help the rest of us who must customize to fit our needs

Learning To Writing Macros?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back