• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - KissAssist When Killing Necro/Mage Pets (1 Viewer)

Spelunk

RedCents
56¢
Hi :)

I'm currently running KA 7.0.2 and when my group pulls a mage/necro + pet pair and the pet is targeted first, they don't do anything. They all just stand there being beat on. I think if the mage/necro are targeted first the group kills it and then kills the pet and all is well (I think...I haven't come back to my computer and found just a pet there but I _have_ found a necro and pet pair with the pet targeted and the group having stood there for over an hour :P )

I looked on the forum and didn't see anyone else with this problem so I don't know what is unique to my setup that I'm having this problem.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you!

Can u post your ini?

Sure! :) Feel free to make other suggestions too. I'm a returning player who is still learning/remembering stuff. Slowly. ;)

[General]
KissAssistVer=7.0.2
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=25
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Armored Battle Shire Saddle|Mount
Buffs2=Laminae of the Crystalwing|Me
Buffs3=NULL
Buffs4=NULL
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
Buffs7=NULL
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
ChecKBuffsTimer=20
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell=Gift of Mana Spell
[AE]
AEOn=0
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=3
DPS1=Concussive Burst|90
DPS2=Ethereal Rime|90
DPS3=Concussive Burst|90
DPS4=Chaos Conflagration|40
DPS5=Concussive Burst|40
DPS6=Euthanos' Flameblade|95
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=0
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
PullWait=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=1
MercAssistAt=92

What zone?
So far I've seen it happen in Katta Castrum and Gyrospire Beza.

I think (I'll try again the next time I see it happen) that I can't cast manually on the pets either. I have to send my pet in to do damage and then I can cast on them. Maybe. I'll definitely double check.

My only guess right now is that maybe there is something with the names of the mobs (because the whole first part of the name other than 'pet' is identical in the two mobs) but it seems like if that were the problem that everyone would be encountering this.

Thank you for helping me troubleshoot!

I can definitely change that. That would mean I'm stuck waiting for the dot to take the mob's health down by 5% (especially for the first one) before it will cast the second.

But why would the way it is now work on all mobs except for pets?

I havent used the mac, this is purely by looking at the code for all of 2 minutes:
Line 844:
Rich (BB code):
            /if (${Target.PctHPs}<${DPSSkip} || ${DPS[${i}].Equal[NULL]} || ${ABTimer${i}} || ${DPSTimer${i}} || ${FDTimer${i}} || (!${Select[${MacroQuest.Server},zek]} && ${Target.Type.NotEqual[NPC]})) /goto :skipcast

Should be:
Rich (BB code):
            /if (${Target.PctHPs}<${DPSSkip} || ${DPS[${i}].Equal[NULL]} || ${ABTimer${i}} || ${DPSTimer${i}} || ${FDTimer${i}} || (!${Select[${MacroQuest.Server},zek]} && ${Target.Type.NotEqual[NPC]} && ${Target.Master.Type.NotEqual[NPC]})) /goto :skipcast

Currently it is written to ignore casting detrimental spells on pets.

Rich (BB code):
            /if (${Target.PctHPs}<${DPSSkip} || ${DPS[${i}].Equal[NULL]} || ${ABTimer${i}} || ${DPSTimer${i}} || ${FDTimer${i}} || (!${Select[${MacroQuest.Server},zek]} && ${Target.Type.NotEqual[NPC]})) /goto :skipcast
This piece of code is so you don't try to nuke people on zek pvp server. Would only matter if that person was on the zek server. If there is a pet targeting issue its probably in validate target and would have to chage the asssit sub to target the owner if a pet is targeted.

I will look into to it thanks for reporting it.

Rich (BB code):
This piece of code is so you don't try to nuke people on zek pvp server. Would only matter if that person was on the zek server. If there is a pet targeting issue its probably in validate target and would have to chage the asssit sub to target the owner if a pet is targeted.

I will look into to it thanks for reporting it.
ok, but the way you have it coded, specifically the || :
Rich (BB code):
|| (!${Select[${MacroQuest.Server},zek]} && ${Target.Type.NotEqual[NPC]})
means if you arent on zek and your target isnt an npc, it skips cast. so it cannot possibly cast on pets how you have it coded. i didnt go through all the looping logic to see how that plays into the rest of things, but that combatcast section wont fire if targeting anything but an npc.

Rich (BB code):
|| (!${Select[${MacroQuest.Server},zek]} && ${Target.Type.NotEqual[NPC]})

Ahh I see what you are saying now. Thats has some specific function was a long time ago when we were testing on zek. Will have to try and remember it.

That would prevent nukes but not he MA from attacking. added to the list something i have to look into.

I promise if you put what i put there it will fix his issue and not affect zek people.
Rich (BB code):
    /if (${Target.PctHPs}<${DPSSkip} || ${DPS[${i}].Equal[NULL]} || ${ABTimer${i}} || ${DPSTimer${i}} || ${FDTimer${i}} || (!${Select[${MacroQuest.Server},zek]} && ${Target.Type.NotEqual[NPC]} && ${Target.Master.Type.NotEqual[NPC]})) /goto :skipcast

I havent used the mac, this is purely by looking at the code for all of 2 minutes:
Line 844:
Rich (BB code):

Should be:
Rich (BB code):

Currently it is written to ignore casting detrimental spells on pets.

What he said. try this edit see if it works.

I haven't done any macro editing before. I'm assuming it would be a find/replace, which I should be able to handle.

What do you suggest I use to open/edit KA? Clearly it must NOT be notepad since that just makes a huge mess ;)

Ok. I found/replaced the code snippet and started KA back up. It seems to be running so far (no errors and the killing has begun!) so I have my fingers crossed that this will fix my problem :)

The pets here aren't super frequent so I'll post again once I've seen evidence of the fix working/not working :)

- - - Updated - - -

(I guess the forum doesn't let me add a reply to my own post as a separate post but will only let me edit my previous post? At any rate here is my follow up to my last post!)

Annnnnddd..that did the trick!

I just watched as a necro pet was the initial target and it was killed (quickly ;) ) and it's necro owner was killed shortly afterwards. MUCH better than the group standing around looking sort of dumb while one (or more!) mobs smacked them around.

Thank you to everyone for their time/help/suggestions!!

Maskoi - will this be in future KA updates or will I need to edit my own copy as the updates are rolled out?

Last edited:
Question - KissAssist When Killing Necro/Mage Pets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back