• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - kael mission help (1 Viewer)

danjuh111

RedCents
460¢
so i have watched sic's video and read the stuff about 6 boxing the kael mission with the plugins and i cant quite figure it out (im still very new to using all of this) i tried running it by manually ducking but when i do they they keep standing up on thier own and i have auto stand clicked off in the cwtn window and auto stand clicked off in the game options.....

so i have watched sic's video and read the stuff about 6 boxing the kael mission with the plugins and i cant quite figure it out (im still very new to using all of this) i tried running it by manually ducking but when i do they they keep standing up on thier own and i have auto stand clicked off in the cwtn window and auto stand clicked off in the game options.....
i do go over the whole thing in that video and the guide > HERE <

There are also other guides by:
@jimbob > HERE <
@hytiek > HERE <

did you set up your mq2events? you probably need to get those set up and working correctly

a couple of common issues folks have with setting up mq2events:
1. Ensure you have created your MQ2Events_ToonName.ini file in your RELEASE folder (or config for mq "Next")
2. Ensure the file is "MQ2Events_ToonName.ini" where ToonName is your dude like MQ2Events_Bob.ini --- you can't have MQ2Events_Bob.ini.ini or MQ2Events_Bob.ini.txt to verify your file type is correct:

open your release/config folder, Click the "View" tab
1632829051660.png

Move over to the right and select "File Name Extensions"
1632829057537.png

Then you should see your MQ2Events_ToonName.ini files
This is correct
1632829062664.png

This is NOT Correct
1632829068997.png

once you have correctly set up your mq2events file
and you have /event on

doing an /event list will display your "active events"
1632829104929.png

This is what my mq2event looks like for both my zerkers.
The event itself could do with cleaning up since I don't actually use the #1# and #2#, but i haven't changed these in ages, so no real need.
INI:
[kneel]
trigger=#1#The ice encrusted Avatar of War shouts that |${Me}| must bend the knee!#2#
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /zerk autostandonduck off; /attack off; /target clear; /keypress DUCK
[stand]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War nods, accepting the subservience of those that gave it#2#
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /keypress DUCK
[avatarp2]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War changes the rules and chooses a new field of battle!#2#
command=/multiline ; /zerk mode 2; /zerk autostandonduck on

this is sk's, again the event could do with cleaning up for aforementioned reasons, etc
INI:
[kneel]
trigger=#1#The ice encrusted Avatar of War shouts that |${Me}| must bend the knee!#2#
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /shd mode 0; /shd autostandonduck off; /attack off; /target clear; /keypress DUCK
[stand]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War nods, accepting the subservience of those that gave it#2#
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /keypress DUCK;
[avatarp2]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War changes the rules and chooses a new field of battle!#2#
command=/multiline ; /shd mode 7; /nav spawn Icebound Avatar of War

I leave all of my dudes in manual mode, i turn off nuke/dots/melee on my shaman, I call my team to assist me with an "AssMe" button

yes i read it i typed in /plugin mq2events load on my toon and it did not make an event file
I'm sorry bud, I might be overloading you with information. You should take a look at the stuff posted again

Then for each of your characters you would have an MQ2Events_ToonName.ini file in your release folder (like i mention in the video you have to create this ini)
1. Ensure you have created your MQ2Events_ToonName.ini file in your RELEASE folder (or config for mq "Next")
2. Ensure the file is "MQ2Events_ToonName.ini" where ToonName is your dude like MQ2Events_Bob.ini --- you can't have MQ2Events_Bob.ini.ini or MQ2Events_Bob.ini.txt to verify your file type is correct:

even in the video i specifically say that mq2events doesn't create one for you :(

1632829860042.png

i just re read all that i have to manually make one i am sorry for making this harder than it needs to be im no where near a tech person
most of us aren't "tech" people, but you definitely can't skip past the important steps.

You might be just trying to do too much at once, so you might wanna slow it down a bit and pause and go step-by-step to make sure you're not missing pieces.

Things get easier, and i know it can be frustrating, so slow it down a bit and you'll be fine

okay so ill copy and paste the guts u have on ur post into each classes file then in the game type in /events on and it should work?
if you have successfully followed the instructions to set up your mq2events files and do a /event onand then a /event list it will spit out that those events are working or not

1632830274110.png

hmm i copied and pasted then turned events on when i hit /events list nothing happend didnt see anything come up in mq2 window
you would have MQ2Events_SKName.ini

inside that MQ2Events_SKName.ini you would have
INI:
[kneel]
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /shd mode 0; /shd autostandonduck off; /attack off; /target clear; /keypress DUCK
[stand]
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /keypress DUCK;
[avatarp2]
command=/multiline ; /shd mode 7; /nav spawn Icebound Avatar of War

then you do a /event on and a /event list

maybe i made the wrong type of file is it a new text document i need to make in the release folder or is it a new macroquest macro type of file?
danjah,

scroll up in the thread my friend. I went over that a couple of times.

they have to be "MQ2Events_ToonName.ini" so if your character name was "Bob" it would be "MQ2Events_Bob.ini"

Things they can not be:
MQ2Events_ToonName.ini.txt
MQ2Events_ToonName.ini.ini
MQ2Events_ToonName.txt
MQ2Events_ToonName.txt.ini

a couple of common issues folks have with setting up mq2events:

open your release/config folder, Click the "View" tab
1632831325987.png

Move over to the right and select "File Name Extensions"
1632831332235.png

Then you should see your MQ2Events_ToonName.ini files
This is correct
1632831338265.png

This is NOT Correct
1632831344923.png

the ones that say 1kb is the ones ive copied and pasted into so far
i edited our yout screen shot, please don't past your toon names.

are you sure you followed my instructions on viewing the file extension?

because based on this image it looks like you probably have mq2events_blah.ini.txt

1632831239560.png

okay yes i am going to the realse folder
i am making a file and like a normal ini file its a text file
i am naming is MQ2Events_TOONNAME.ini
copy and pasting the inis u have shared into them
in game doing /plugin mq2events load
/event on
/event list
can you see file extentions by the instructions i posted a few times?
can you verify that they are the correct file extentions?

@danjuh111

Another thing you can do is test the events by watching your toons (3rd person and lined up) and copy/paste the emote txt to your grp via w/e chnl or eqbcs you want. If your events are on and properly setup, you should see the desired actions your events are set to perform.

-Send the 'duck' emote, wait a few seconds.
-Send the 'stand' emote.
-Test any emotes you wish w/o being in combat to verify that they Should fire properly while in the heat of battle.

~TheFiddler~

This works with Kissassist.

[kneel]
trigger=#*#that |${Me.CleanName}| must bend the#*#
command=/if (${Zone.ID}==829 && !${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /mqp on; /stopcast; /keypress ESC; /keypress duck

[stand]
trigger=#*#The Avatar of War nods, accepting the subservience of those that gave it#*#
command=/if (${Zone.ID}==829 && ${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /mqp off; /keypress duck

Commands I got from you guys. I hope anyone here looking for help.
/plugin mq2events unload
/plugin mq2events load
/event list >>>>>>>>>The differant events you have running.
/event load >>>>>>>>> Load the program, seems like you do not need to do this if you change the program live.
/event on >>>>>>>>> Enable the program.
/echo ${Zone.ID} >>>>>>>>>>> Tells you the current zone you are in.

This file works just rename the file "Yourname" to your toon name.

Attachments

• MQ2Events_Yourname.ini
    357 bytes · Views: 13
" @Sic wins the patience is a virtue award "

Yes, he is the greatest, he has helped me so much here.

" This mission sucked and I’m so glad I only had to beat it once. "

This was super hard for me, but now I can farm this every day. I kind of like doing them, lol.

Question - kael mission help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back