• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - KA / MQ2Melee Help (1 Viewer)

Oath

RedCents
80¢
Hey Guys,
Day 3 of using this program.. I've been having this problem when using my SK that as soon as I turn auto attack on, the SK runs to the mob and I cannot "unstick" or move him from that mob. He is my puller/tank and would like for the only thing that KA or MQ2 to control would be the usage of spells such as heals and possibly DPS spells.. Is this possible? Basically I'd like to be able to control him myself as far as a movement standpoint goes. And in his KA ini he is set as PullerTank if that helps.

Thank you!

if you
Hey Guys,
Day 3 of using this program.. I've been having this problem when using my SK that as soon as I turn auto attack on, the SK runs to the mob and I cannot "unstick" or move him from that mob. He is my puller/tank and would like for the only thing that KA or MQ2 to control would be the usage of spells such as heals and possibly DPS spells.. Is this possible? Basically I'd like to be able to control him myself as far as a movement standpoint goes. And in his KA ini he is set as PullerTank if that helps.

Thank you!
if you're using mq2melee (With UseMq2Melee=1) you will want to add this to your server_toonname.ini file in your release stickbreak=1

Thank you Sic. Am I understanding this right then, if I turn UseMQ2Melee=0 this would resolve my issue? Would this in turn cause another issue? Thank you!

MQ2melee is what's doing the "lock on" target thing, if you set it to =0 the when you turn on KA it will turn that plugin off while the macro is running. "/melee off" can also disable it temporarily.

If you're still having issues with KA changing your target, there's another setting TargetSwitchingOn and you can change that setting.

If you do decide to run the SK in any of the Tank type modes, then KA would have some additional target selection automation that turns on too.

so i tried to load my toon in for a raid without my boxes but apparently my mq2 melee is still attached which is ok except when i need to assist a diff target it wont let me switch im locked on one target and it wont let me move or stop attacking please help quick

@Oath I believe to populate the settings for mq2melee in your server_toonname ini you have to do /melee load AND /melee save

After that, it should be populated. You could also try break on movement. That’s a setting where stick will work normally except when you want to take control, which you do with the movement key. It’s what I use.

thank you guys didnt get a chance to say it last night. idk why when i tried to load regular EQ without going threw mq2 it still somehow connected me but was too late to restrat raid had started and when boss called dps off i couldnt stop attacking lol once again thank you

Question - KA / MQ2Melee Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back