• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - issues starting/ installing MQ2 (1 Viewer)

m3taphase

RedCents
14¢
Was having the time match issues and such. So i uninstalled VV and EQ and was doing complete clean installs and updates. However when i went to reinstall VV I keep getting the error message

Setup was unable to create the directory
"C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\MQ2".
Error 183: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Issue is I did a complete uninstall and that file does in fact not exist on my computer that i can find. searched on desktop, in the start menu and then clicked start and tried typing redguide, very vanilla, macro, MQ2 and all searches came up empty except the for redguides that was still in my download folder. That wa the only hit on any of the keywords on all files in my computer. I cant find anything else cause the uninstaller uninstalled everything and this file doesnt exist but the installer thinks it does and wont finish installation. I've reboots the computer 2X now for any residual file to clear out or whatnot and didnt work.

any suggestions

ok checked quarentine and nothing there and retried installation and still popped up with file exists. I'm at a complete loss. gonna try removing the installer and redownloading it and see if that does anything

- - - Updated - - -

okay installation seemed to have worked. however nothing is on my desktop and i see no way to start MQ2. is there a command to be able to run the .exe cause the only one i can seem to find is the installer but all the files are in the ui file in everquest\default folder

Question - issues starting/ installing MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back