• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - issues commands remotely? (1 Viewer)

Ninjapickle

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
1,307¢
Let's start with the "yes, I'm guilty of using mq2 afk". With that being said, is there a way that I can issues commands from a toon on my laptop to the ones running on my pc at home? Can I have a group leader on the pc at home invite a toon I have loaded on my laptop for example?

There is also mq2telnet if you set up port forwarding... Not sure if it was brought over to mqnext

Or probably best of all you can use mq2discord to issue commands, yeah that's probably the best way, can use it through your phone or the discord app on pc. Well eqbc is a good way too to do it in-game as kaen mentioned.

Let's start with the "yes, I'm guilty of using mq2 afk". With that being said, is there a way that I can issues commands from a toon on my laptop to the ones running on my pc at home? Can I have a group leader on the pc at home invite a toon I have loaded on my laptop for example?
for just some random small things, I use Chrome Remote Desktop. I wouldnt play through it though.

What I have been doing in work by the way is using parsec which is an excellent remote desktop tool for gaming/work and just log into my home machine and go wild doing whatever I need to do, which has included playing EQ lol.

My works firewall has parsec blocked but I can connect onto the public wifi in the building to do it so whatever.

Totally recommend parsec it is excellent and free though I subscribe to use the multiple screen feature.

What I have been doing in work by the way is using parsec which is an excellent remote desktop tool for gaming/work and just log into my home machine and go wild doing whatever I need to do, which has included playing EQ lol.

My works firewall has parsec blocked but I can connect onto the public wifi in the building to do it so whatever.

Totally recommend parsec it is excellent and free though I subscribe to use the multiple screen feature.
Public network to login to your personal computer??? /Cringe

Parsec is encrypted, whether that means it is secure I don't know.

I kind of trust the public wifi anyhow, it's run by my employer (government) and we're in an isolated spot so there's nobody likely to be connected other than the few people working in the building. VPN's seem to be blocked on it also, don't know if that's suspicious or not lol

Parsec is encrypted, whether that means it is secure I don't know.

I kind of trust the public wifi anyhow, it's run by my employer (government) and we're in an isolated spot so there's nobody likely to be connected other than the few people working in the building. VPN's seem to be blocked on it also, don't know if that's suspicious or not lol
As a government IT person who manages a public WiFi in an isolated area; your coworkers are idiots and do not trust the WiFi.
My darktrace unit is always flagging our Wi-Fi, even had to tell an employee who admitted to buying Windows 7 notebook they bought out back of a trunk to never bring it back in.

Question - issues commands remotely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back