• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is There Tool To View The "View Hierarchy" in EQ? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
156¢
I see a lot of macros out there that do things like this:
INI:
/nomodkey /notify QuantityWnd QTYW_Accept_Button leftmouseup
which is super cool. The only problem is that I have no idea what the identifiers are (such as QuantityWindow and QTYW_Accept_Button in the above example) for the windows and buttons that I'd like to manipulate. Two questions:

1. Is there a master list of all windows and all buttons/controls within each window?

or better yet...

2. Is there a script that I can run that will display the current "view hierarchy" within EQ? I'm not sure the correct term for that, I'm borrowing the iOS term "View Hierarchy", but I'm looking for a way that I can query for all windows and controls presently visible in EQ. That way I can manually go through the flow that I want to script and then query for the IDs/Names of the windows/controls as I encounter them.

Thanks.

I see a lot of macros out there that do things like this:
INI:
/nomodkey /notify QuantityWnd QTYW_Accept_Button leftmouseup
which is super cool. The only problem is that I have no idea what the identifiers are (such as QuantityWindow and QTYW_Accept_Button in the above example) for the windows and buttons that I'd like to manipulate. Two questions:

1. Is there a master list of all windows and all buttons/controls within each window?

or better yet...

2. Is there a script that I can run that will display the current "view hierarchy" within EQ? I'm not sure the correct term for that, I'm borrowing the iOS term "View Hierarchy", but I'm looking for a way that I can query for all windows and controls presently visible in EQ. That way I can manually go through the flow that I want to script and then query for the IDs/Names of the windows/controls as I encounter them.

Thanks.
Put your mouse over a button and /echo ${EverQuest.LastMouseOver}

This is awesome!!! Thanks for the quick replies. I can now get all the info that I need.

I tried to get wired420's suggestion ( /echo ${EverQuest.LastMouseOver} ) working as it seemed like a real quick way to get at exactly the info I need, however, it always just prints "TRUE" to the MQ output window. Am I missing a plugin that would make that possible? I assigned it to a hotkey, but I don't imagine that would matter.

This is awesome!!! Thanks for the quick replies. I can now get all the info that I need.

I tried to get wired420's suggestion ( /echo ${EverQuest.LastMouseOver} ) working as it seemed like a real quick way to get at exactly the info I need, however, it always just prints "TRUE" to the MQ output window. Am I missing a plugin that would make that possible? I assigned it to a hotkey, but I don't imagine that would matter.
Try:
/echo ${EverQuest.LastMouseOver.Name}

Make sure the capitalization is exact, it is case sensative - here are the TLO information with more commands.

Check out the window inspector, get there from the MQ console:

View attachment 46102
View attachment 46103
View attachment 46104
How do you make this MQ Console appear?
I have never seen a window with the Options Windows Inspectors Tools menus.
Thank you.

How do you make this MQ Console appear?
I have never seen a window with the Options Windows Inspectors Tools menus.
Thank you.
Answered my own question with a guess:
/mqconsole show

Last edited:
you can also look up the window in your default ui folder of eq, and read it, it will ahve all the informatton about labels and buttons and what nots.

Question - Is There Tool To View The "View Hierarchy" in EQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back