• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Is there a way to log a specific channel? (1 Viewer)

tledgend

RedCents
I was wondering of there is a way to use a macro to log a specific channel or ChatWindow? I do not want to sift through an entire log file of everything happening on a raid. I could fire off an #Event but how can you save what just triggered the #Event to /mqlog?
Tled

Sure you can you can make your own with a password on it if you like. Then fire off the event in there. /join whateveryouwannacallit then make sure the spam goes in there. It will fire. Now if you want to only search that channel then you have to make your macro only look in that channel. That’s just in case your #event is a common phrase.

i think what they mean is that they want a log file of a specific channel ....

is there a way to use MQ2 to log a specific channel to the MQlog.txt

i don't know ... i know there is a way to write to a text file of your choice.. i will see if i can find it when i get home..

i think RAIDDRUID on mq2 forum does something like that..

you would have to build it into an event i think .

8-(

army

Use the normal /log function in EQ, then use EQCompanion to parse your files. IIRC, all channels go to a specific tab, you can look at. Long as your only on one channel, it should have all that chat there, and I believe you can cut/paste that out right from there.

Here is the Link to the EQCompanion Download Page.

You most likely want EQC_0.796_WinXP.zip and if you want the Speech add in, so it will talk to you, download speechsdk51.exe

Hope this helps you get what ya want.

Is there a way to log a specific channel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back