• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Inquiry About Possibility of a "Zygor Type" Plugin (1 Viewer)

RedCents
421¢
I am a completionist. Ive seen an ingame guide for WoW called Zygors. You pick your zone and it walks you through the optimal route of quests to complete the zone.
Some things in Zygors would not be able to be replicated. This I know. Things like the waypoint arrow. But the arrow wouldnt be needed with MQ2Nav just taking you to next location.

I have been using VV for a little bit and am amazed at the capabilities. After seeing what all these plugins can do, it makes me wonder if a detailed guide in a plugin would be possible.
I took an hour today drew out a possible UI. It has sections for quests, tradeskills, achievements, Progressions, and more.
If only I knew how to code I think this is something Ide like to do.
Am I dreaming? Is something like this even a possibility?

this would be an absolutely monumental task to be combined into 1 thing - folks wouldn't just want "do these things inside your achievement tab for hero/partisan" they would want it to *do* them.

but with the addition of Lua with mqnext - definitely sounds possible with easy expansion/additions

I assumed so. If such a task, even split into separate plugins, was to be taken on, I could volunteer my time in data entry. I just cant code.

EDIT:
I have an other post in this forums asking a question about Hero's Journey. A Hero's Journey plugin would be a pretty cool testbed project. Is could start as nothing more than a list of Nav points and instructions. Then it could evold into the plugin actually doing the hailing and accepting the quests. Then in phase 3 the addition of setting up camps and starting pulls and looting.

Last edited:
I’d keep this in a macro/Lua form most likely. Also I think someone started something like this in macro form already for TDS but having not used zygor before I can’t say for 100% sure but look here:

well, i think this task/thought is perfect for the mq2lua addition for mqnext
I did some reading and I think this is a good opportunity for me to learn more about coding. Specifically with Lua. I know some basics and have done a bit with VBA in Excel. So I know some about principals.
I want to make this happen. I know it will be a great undertaking, but I have been shy of hard work. I will go into more detail about what I am thinking in the Lua forum. Link to come later.

EDIT:
As promised the link to the plugin brainstorming thread. (3) Lua - - Brainstorming a Completionist Plugin Idea | RedGuides: EverQuest Multi-boxing Community

Last edited:
cannonballdex does a lot of quest stuff. but i havent seen anything remotely like what your speaking of.
it could be done, but wow it would be a lot of work! way to much for me to even contemplate.

Question - Inquiry About Possibility of a "Zygor Type" Plugin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back