• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ikkinz/Uqua Strat request (1 Viewer)

Bardscorpse_01

RedCents
Hey all I looked around and didnt find one so was wondering if someone could post a strat/guide for ikkinz 3/4 and Uqua. I have done 1 and 2 many times, but never done the rest. Thanks in advance.

I have been looking for all of the ikkinz group trials and raid trials. Druid07 on forums said he was gonna post em or send in PM's but he still hasn't and thats been like a month or two.

Ikk 4 :

Wriiting this mostly from memory - some from guild strats :

If memory serves me this is the one where you need a rogue to pickpocket the golem at the first door to proceed. Pickpocket him of the key, then hand it to him. He is SKOWLS, but non-Aggro, so even if you fail he won't attack.

Initial clears are pretty straightforward. The golems all have the ability to cast a 6k DD + FD on the tank, then switch targets. They can also g-flux AE. They might be able to do the 3k+knockback, not sure about that one.

First 2 golems don't do anything special. A high-skill researcher with a LoY container loots the runes and makes the combines that allow the next doors to be opened.

Next two golems are pretty much the same, but require an archetype-based killshot that can only be found out on a kill. Archetypes are pure melee, hybrid, priest and int caster. More runes for the int caster to loot as well.
Sometimes you get luck and kill them first try but chances are this will take more than 1 try, just make sure you figure out which class has to do the kill.

Next fight is the Altar Overseer. Very similar to the fight in Ikkinz 1 in the same place, except this guy's melee is a little tougher and he has the 6k DD+FD, g-flux, and 3k+knockback abilities. I believe there are other AE's here too. Keep the tank up and burn him down ASAP, while other tanks distract the golems that spawn around the top of the ring. You want to DISC the fuck out of this because the other golems will add.

Then we move down to two more golems guarding the next door. Monks use geometry to get an easy split on these. Pull and kill. Also a lot of Gflux in this part as memory serves.

Next fight is 2 Curate Firecasters. They are leashed in their room, and have a targeted AE. They can be split using geometry or using more traditional splitting methods. When one is solo, tank engages and the mob gets killed, taking care not to leash it because this will send it back to spawn with full health, AND agro the 2nd one. (Rogues need to skip this fight and just move to the next ahead of raid, and start killing the 2 healers there on top).

Next we have another golem in the trumpet room (last room for Ikkinz 2). Sneak classes move up to the top of the room above the trumpets and kill the non-melee mobs up there. From there's it's a straightforward golem kill.
Kill the healers on top, before engaging do NOT send any other classes except Rogues close range or you will aggro the golem perhaps.

Now we get to the next tricky part (last room for Ikkinz 3). The main room has the one heavy duty golem up, but on agro he spawns up to what seems to be a total of 7 Lesser golems. He could summon them all initially, or at various stages during the fight (I think he popped 2 more at 25% on our successful kill). Tanks pre-target the main golem, then a monk runs in, pops /disc voiddance, and runs the golem and any lessers that pop to the southeast corner of the room (a rogue with escape could also pull this off). Enchanters are there to AE tash and mez anything that can be, druids and pallies also help with CC to make sure that the lessers are controlled via snare and/or root. Meanwhile the tank gets agro on the named and the rest of the raid kills it ASAP. Once he's down, the adds still have to be killed. These are leeshed though and running your raid down the hall will help, also a good spot for rezzes, etc.

Finally we reach "Keeper of the Altar". He emits some strange emotes during the fight - one suggesting he was now "susceptible to malady" (would seem to indicate poison and disease spells/DoTs) but there were other messages as well. He spawned short duration waves of black golems, but also some white-con while golems (Altar Adherents) as the fight progresses. Some of these can just be led outside by kiting classes and they will depop. I have seen an emote also that he infuriates and that shit is nasty so watch the emotes here. Win this hail and done.

Will work on Uqua later, am at work. :eek:

Uqua = Don't have a retarded guild !

Spend time pkin mobs to get everyone the items to be immune to the AE. Go into the
Oven, and everyone watches their emotes. Guy with emote opens the door else you all burn in a fire ! Then split the raid in 1/2 kill the twins for the winz! Go kill the final guy for the Qvic flagzor!@!@

Uqua Strats :

http://www.rpgexpert.com/4419.html

and

http://www.rpgexpert.com/4330.html

Check above there is a list of the strats. Even with the strats you need a sharp guild or forget even trying.

FYI: there is an AE soon as you enter that ONLY can be cured by looting the proper item from mobs, and placing into secondary/range slot :

See here about that : http://www.rpgexpert.com/4331.html

Basically not a fun raid, have not done this one in ages since my guild is about to place Tacvi off the Farm list.

Ikkinz/Uqua Strat request

Users who are viewing this thread

Back