• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - if possible, how can i bind a /cast # command in my multibind (1 Viewer)

timmy

RedCents
1,363¢
gems 1, 2, 3 i link to SHIFT2. my keyboard macro button will press SHIFT2 over and over until i press it again. multibind achieved.

but i want to add /cast 4 to the same bind. adding a hotbutton to a toolbar and then linking that tool bar spot with SHIFT2 does not work.

why can't i just link gem 4 to SHIFT2 you ask? cause macroquest! mq will drop necromancer free target spell on the target i have without me mousing and clicking again.

but i want to add /cast 4 to the same bind. adding a hotbutton to a toolbar and then linking that tool bar spot with SHIFT2 does not work.
This doesn't work because the EQ client prioritizes gems over social keys. If the cast bar is available (ie off GCD) it will always look to cast a gem when you are multibinding before it executes anything from a social key. Social key is good for AAs and item clicks which can be weaved between spell casts.

I don't know how to do what you are asking, short of stopping your MB and manually casting the spell. I think those free-target spells are just SOL with this sort of setup.

Try and do the following
Unlink shift from gems
link shift to the hotbar 1-4
Make hotbuttons for gems1-3 (dag and drop onto a hotbar)
hotbutton4 make your /cast #

Just an idea, cannot test it atm.

Are you running any macro? you could perhaps write a little subroutine that slots in there and does the spamkey for you and just have 2 hotbuttons 1:spam on 2:spam off that turns it on and off.

i tried the hotbar method, you dirty troll (LOL!), and that came up bust too. i can stop my bind and manually cast it if i want it. i don't actually use MQ when i'm raiding but if i could have worked this into a bind, i might have started. just a huge QoL change. that free target crap is 3 button presses. i'm way too busy for that sort of nonsense. =p

I think you are leaving out something in your post?

What spell are you trying to cast, and do you not want it to change targets/want it to just cast at your target or yourself? Or do you want to be able to select where to cast?

@Rooster

mq will drop necromancer free target spell on the target i have without me mousing and clicking again.

^ this. otherwise it's click spell gem or gem hotkey. move target ring where i want. click mouse. if i have mq loaded and a mob targeted, i can just /cast 1 and the orb gets dropped right on the mob. it's really brilliant mq functionality. i've experimented with all the free target spells i know of (which likely isn't all of them) and mq, and kiss by extension of course, handles them all like a champ. necro sphere, enc ae stun, cle splash. with the tags on those spells (MA or Mob for example) they fire perfectly every time, and, dare i say, faster than a human could do it.

i just want all this goodness as part of my bind 'cause if i can eliminate keystrokes and/or mousing free target spells, i want to.

When you tried the hotbar method did you just put the gem in the hotbar or did you make a social key saying /cast <gem>.

Also for the free target to work with 1 click on target make sure you have mq2cast loaded.

I have cleric splash in bind using this method and it works.

You could make a social key do this... works well, but not quite as fast as a pure multi bind. When I manually cast a splash and multi bind 3 cleric remedies I get 3 remedies off, but with this key I only get the first two to fire 80% of the time. For another class with slightly longer recast spells probably wouldn't affect it as much. My social key looks likes this and cast mending splash and spams 2 remedies and occasionally gets the 3rd off. But this is just part of EQ being slow with the social keys. If I use a macro it casts splash>3 remedies, 3 remedies, rpt

Social key with 2 lines
social key:
/if (${Me.SpellReady[spell name]}) /cast "spell name"
/keypress Shift+X

Macro
spam:
Sub Main
/while (1) {
    /if (${Me.SpellReady[Mending Splash]}) /cast "Mending Splash"
    /keypress Shift+X
}
/return

make a new macrao. Notice there are no pauses.
line 1= /cast
line 2=/cast
line3=/cast
line 4=/cast
line5 =/cast
Notice they have no delay. use spell gem or spell name. The part i can't remember is if is the order your pace them. You want to do it basted on there recast, then cool down, the duration. If ou places a spell that has no recast time, then it will get spammed. Just make a spam key on your key board (make sure there is at least some deley between the key presses) and assigned it to the hot bard. I would use a num look combo and after your make it turn num back off. Your key board should still produce the action but it want affect anything. You could chat will it was being spammed. If that doesn't work get the mybuttons plugin. put the 4th on the bar, then custom bind the mybutton to the key you use to spam the others.

Question - if possible, how can i bind a /cast # command in my multibind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back