• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I need help (1 Viewer)

bakshi

RedCents
Ok I need help because I can never find a gm when I need help with something. Everytime I try to log in I get to my char select screen I hit enter world and then I get booted back to the server select screen. I dont have MQ2 on. So think anyone can help me plz

I tried it but that didnt work and its weird like some times it will let me in and I can zone maybe 3 times and then I will start disconnecting everytime I zone to the server select screen.

I have dsl and I opened all the ports for everquest. I have tried uninstalling it and the reinstalling it. Running a complete file check and this is a new comp im playing eq on so I dont know what to do.

bakshi said:
I tried it but that didnt work and its weird like some times it will let me in and I can zone maybe 3 times and then I will start disconnecting everytime I zone to the server select screen.

The same exact thing is happening to me, are you getting Everquest.exe errors? I will load in somtimes I get knocked back to server select or i'll zone a few zones and bam client crash. I already tried deleting and re installing doesnt work, now im going to format soon, not sure what the hell is up. I thought I was the only one. But I have a very good hunch as to what it is, but it's to early to open my mouth :).

p.s. what compile do you use, ndawgs or z's?

Ok I reinstalled eq and now I only get booted once in a while. I use z's and I crashed before I even started MQ2 but so far its been working. And no it wasnt glooming deep I have never wanted to start a char in that crapy zone.

Is your main in any zones none of your other toons are in?
Could be corrupt zone file.

Does you use same graphics setup for all accounts?
frame rate, clipping. models used....

Do this without EQ running.

Do a search for UI_yourtoonname_yourservername.ini. Actually easier to search for UI_* and it will give you a list of all your toons. Delete U from the beginning of the file for your main toon (DO NOT DELETE FILE YET). Start EQ and log in main. This will create new UI .ini file. Does that fix your problem? If this does not fix your problem then quit EQ, delete newly created UI file. Add U back to the beginning old UI file. If it does fix the problem then you at least know where the problem is coming from. Then you can decide how solve the problem.

bakshi said:
Ok well its happening again and it only happens when I log on my main. Anyone have this problem before.
Like big said it is a corrupt User file. Delete all files with your main's name in it and then reload. That should fix it. The other thing you might look at is, Does your main use a different UI than the rest. If so you have an error in the UI your main is using.

I need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back