• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I need help using the tradeskill macros (1 Viewer)

mjames

RedCents
First off i will tell you all that i have never used any kind of macro for anything in EQ yet so i am definately a noob when it comes to that. Second i have only used MQ sparingly for a couple years but i dont know too much about that either. Heres my problems:
1. When i try to use the smithing macro it crashes the game after it opens my bags and the merchant window. I have about 20k plat on me with the first 4 bags empty and im standing behind Snokin Breaksteel like the macro says to do.
Here is what it says to do: You need to Stand behind Snokin Breaksteel
| You need to be in the first person view
| You need to ensure that when you click the tradeskill container the NEW UI comes up first
| the 5 FILES need to be in the macro\common folder (see includes below)
What is the Tradeskill Container NEW UI? Maybe thats why i'm crashing.
Do i have to have recipes already or does it know them for me?
If someone could just give this macro noob some step by step directions on using the Tradeskill macros it would help me out tremendously.
Thanks in advance

The new UI would be that when you click a tradeskill container, it gives doesn't just have the empty container (like 10 slots of a forge) but instead it gives you the search functions by trivial and you can save favorite recipes etc.

If you don't get that, what you'll need to do is ctrl+right click on a tradeskill container. Then there will be an option to change the default right on the new UI. Click it so that whenever you open a new container it goes to that automatically (and you'll have to ctrl+right click to get it to go to "experiment" mode or just hit that button in the new UI.)

Thanks for the response. I dont know why but after i posted this i used a 2006 version of the TS macros and replaced the 2007 ones i had in the macro file with those and tried the smith macro again and it worked perfectly. Got my smith up to 115 fast and started the brewing but i ended it to go to bed at 3AM. I will do the others after the servers come back up. Here is the Zip i used that works so far.

View attachment TestTS.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem. Sometimes when I do things in game, I do them so intuitively that I have to actually look at what I'm doing in order to describe it. Then once I'm out of the game, good luck trying to get me to remember. Haha.

Well since the patch they dont work again. They start to work.. open my bags and the merchant window but as soon as it starts to buy from the merchant (Running MHB recipe) from the brewing macro it ctd ( Crashes to Desktop). I'm using the same custom UI i had before when it worked last night so i dont have a clue why its crashing again. Help me figure it out please.

I need help using the tradeskill macros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back