• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - I messed something up and things aren't working (1 Viewer)

Druce6776

RedCents
160¢
Hello again , I got Mq back and running the other day everything seemed to be working fine . Then i started looking at my Settings and directory and i clicked the 3 lil dots beside the Directory , and lost the path thought i fixed it and went to load it back up ... now my auto nav /Follow me and puller tank will not work idk what i did worng

Solution
Hello again , I got Mq back and running the other day everything seemed to be working fine . Then i started looking at my Settings and directory and i clicked the 3 lil dots beside the Directory , and lost the path thought i fixed it and went to load it back up ... now my auto nav /Follow me and puller tank will not work idk what i did worng
hi druce,

you will definitely want to direct your settings tab to wherever you have your mq installed. If you changed that to somewhere else, and then installed mq again, you might be missing all of your settings and files that would otherwise have.

if you have mq launched you can right-click on it
1647964536902.png
then open your MacroQuest root to determine where you have it installed...
hi druce,

you will definitely want to direct your settings tab to wherever you have your mq installed. If you changed that to somewhere else, and then installed mq again, you might be missing all of your settings and files that would otherwise have.

if you have mq launched you can right-click on it
1647964536902.png
then open your MacroQuest root to determine where you have it installed.
1647964527940.png

nav is mq2nav - which requires navigation meshes --- so if you reinstalled macroquest, make sure you run the mesh Updater
1647964719169.png
follow me is mq2advpath - which requires mq2advpath loaded --- it also requires either mq2dannet or mq2eqbc loaded, setup, and running on all characters

puller tank depending on what you're using to do that requires mq2advpath or mq2nav (with nav meshes)

Solution
everything seem to be in the right place and upated , but the things i said are that were not working still are and in my group window the come to me and mimc tabs are gone as well ...

everything seem to be in the right place and upated , but the things i said are that were not working still are and in my group window the come to me and mimc tabs are gone as well ...
it definitely sounds like you installed to a new location based on the information provided, and are now rocking a raw un-setup version without meshes, without plugins loaded etc.

those buttons are

- They are now in 3 separate plugins:
/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

here are the MQ notes in case those are helpful as well

There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuet vs the old MQ2 as explained > HERE <

Moving to MacroQuest mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases
6. your ini configuration files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder

Question - I messed something up and things aren't working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back