• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I just thought of something... (1 Viewer)

childofbodom5100

RedCents
As the title says, I was casting Shadow Step continuously in the Guild Hall when something occurred to me... what if you could cover up warping by using Shadow Step or an equivalent short distance warper? I don't quite understand how Sony detects warps (although I do know it has something to do with packets), but I thought perhaps covering it up with a warp spell might work. Then if Sony challenges how you move around the zone like that, the records will show that you were casting legit warp spells.

Thought it could work... if it wouldn't, then ignore me...

I'm far from an expert but I believe this was asked once before. The reason it could no tbe done is beacuse of the distance in warping from x to y. The checks put in place consider distance moved over time taken to get there. When this doesn't add up you get flagged and so many flags warrent personal GM attention. Since no warp type spell moves more than 20-30 feet one direction and even then it's purely chaotic, this wouldn't work. Atleast not to my knowledge.

But does the server really say "this is a legit warp, since it was cast by a spell"?

I thought the problem was people were crashing upon using it? I'm so lost...

I just thought of something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back