• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I have no idea where to begin (1 Viewer)

hotdog

RedCents
I want to say up front - I am sorry!

I am new to all of this and I have no idea where to begin. I figured this website would have a program to download that I could simply load up and start using, but I can't find one. I have seen a few links pointing to downloading MQ2. I downloaded it, but I have no idea how to run it (even after reading the MQ2-API "help" file that comes in the zipped file). So here are the questions:

1) Do I need Linux to run MQ2? If so, where can I get it?

If MQ2 can run on a non-Linux system...

2) Do I need Visual Studio?

3) Do I need Vista?

Again, I am sorry...I thought I was getting an in-game program that I could pull up at will using XP when I paid for the year subscription. I assumed this because of this photo on the main website...

ghu.jpg

If someone can give me a step-by-step guide on how to go about getting all of this stuff up and running, I would truly appreciate it! Thank you!

1.) No
2.) No
3.) No

MQ2 is an ingame utility, "Game Hacking utitlity" hasn't been used for a while, it can probably be updated and used for today but MQ2 offers much more that GHU can't.

Go into the guides section and read the threat that says "Read me First"

Then go and check out the post in strategies and cheats section titled "Redquest V6________"

Download the link, unzip it, run it. When you start everquest you will get a chat box simular to your other chat box, this is where the output from MQ2 is.

I keep getting the Incorrect Client Version. I just downloaded MQ2 for the first time. I ran the MQauth.exe file. What am I not doing correctly (besides everything)?

OK, it finally works. This is what I did...

1) I downloaded the latest MQ2.zip and unzipped it into my brand new MQ2 folder.

2) I opened it up and clicked on the MQ2Auth.exe file

3) I made a folder in my Programs Folder called RedGuide.

4) I downloaded RedQuest v6.2a.zip and unzipped the material into the RedGuide folder.

5) I then clicked on the UIFiles folder.

6) I copied all of the XML files from my RedGuide UI folder into my Everquest Default UIfile folder.

7) I ran MacroQuest2.exe from my RedGuide folder.

8) I ran EverQuest.exe from my desktop icon.

9) Got a neat little message in the loading bar REdGuidev6.2. Kyle who...?

Thanks for your help!

If you are downloading a precompile from here you do not need to run MQ2Auth.exe nor do you have to download the latest MQ2 Zip.

You just download redquest precompile, it's ready out of the box...er zip.

I have no idea where to begin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back