• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I don't mean to stir up trouble (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeachersPet

RedCents
51¢
And I know Tone has some ties to Zekguides, but I noticed that NDawg's compile is on their site (which is now completely free). Dunno why. Sort of "chaps my thighs" when I see someone ganking someone else's work like they did :/

While I am a bit mad that they don't give credit where credit is due.. They will know where it came from, because my loading message says "Ndawgs compile for redguides.com" :)

But yea, people that do stuff like that piss me off as well.. nothin ya can do about it though.

That's why I compile my name and www.redguides.com into every single plugin in my package. If someone is gonna jack my shit, they're DAMN sure gonna know where it came from.

It's funny when people bitch about me doing that... It's a perfectly good reason.

-CodeCaster

I haven't touched that site in a month or 2. I am just barely patching EQ right now to dink around while WoW patches (if my accounts still work that's the other mystery).

Yeah, I figured you hadn't messed with them in a while Tone. Was making sure people didn't freak out when they saw your name if they looked and thought you were some kind of double agent.

However, apparently Knott or whoever the hell he is reads these forums. I want him to know that he's a sped and that if I were to find out who he was here, I'd launch a proverbial holy crusade against him for being that dumb.

what bothers me the most is seeing people on playerauctions selling stuff from here. It's one thing that they are selling mq2 with plugins, but it's another that I have noticed some of the most recent plugins made exclusively here that are also for sale. I've tried to find out who they are, but so far not been able to. I wish everyone who is registered on that site, to go there and give them some seriously bad feedbacks for selling stuff that is not their own. Funny though, that they also offer free updates for certain time periods, so you know they are coming back here to get the fixes and reposting.

It doesn't mean you're allowed to steal copywritten material. A compile is not copywritten, but any custom plugins or macros are protected by the DMCA, as well as guides and strategies. If you post a strategy/macro/plugin that you wrote, it is yours. Redguides has a lawyer that will fight for the rights of the authors, and if there is a settlement, the money goes to you. Usually sites take our stuff down once the lawyer contact them though.

Tone has a point, it is just more advertising. In the future, of you find someone stealing someone's work from here, contact me privately. If we need the help of the community to stop them, then we'll make it public.

I don't mean to stir up trouble
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back