• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - How to use MQ2Melee and not look like a MQ2 User! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
Ok first if you use /stick 5 hold .. STOP! Next what do humans do? They stay near max melee that's what... They don't run into the mob and try to give it a hug. Here is some general guidelines I use when using MQ2Melee. It ensures I stay near max melee (unless its greater than 20 units and it will compensate)
Rich (BB code):
|Rogue DPS Class
stickrange=75 
stickmode=1 
stickcmd=${If[${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]} > 19,15,${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]}]} hold moveback behind loose

|Melee DPS Class NOT Rogues
stickrange=75 
stickmode=1 
stickcmd=${If[${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]} > 19,15,${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]}]} hold moveback !front loose

|Tank Classes
stickrange=75 
stickmode=1 
stickcmd=${If[${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]} > 19,10,${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.7]}]} moveback loose

Now you will still be a bit suspicious always being on point with your positioning, but unless the person knows you are boxing you should be ok. If you want to look the part take out !front or behind and you will just run to max distance and hit the mob from any angle. I encourage everyone to use this in their MQ2Melee INI.

/Cheers ;) Red Cent me if this helps!

yeah i tried using in the ini for melee, then for KA on 'stickhow' but my dps still just stacks on top of eachother directly behind the mob. woops.

i just changed it to "!front loose" without the quotes, but i'm not sure if KA will accept multiple commands or not. still it seems like it might be working. idk.

You can override any /stick command from a macro. Kiss has the Stickhow variable, but it won't do what you are trying to do.

Here is an explanation:

Lets say you set stickhow=${If[${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]} > 19,15,${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]}]} hold moveback !front loose in the ini file.

Now what will happen is stickhow will be set to what the above line evaluates too at the time it is read from the ini file not at the time kiss is making changes to the /stick command. So stickhow will have something like "15 hold moveback !front loose" and will never change. it all depends on whom you have targeted at the time you start the macro and how far away they are from you.

@ctaylor22 thats definitely useful, but what I'm also gleaning is stickhow= CAN use multiple moveutils terms?

So if i wanted stickhow= moveback !front loose

that should work, just cant use a variable bit of math because that part will get 'locked in' when I start KA?

you have to change that in your mq2moveutils.ini - there is sections listed for your toon -

Rich (BB code):
[Stick]
AlwaysUW=off
AwareNotAggro=off
ArcBehind=45.00
ArcNotFront=135.00
BreakOnGate=on
BreakOnHit=off
BreakOnTarget=off
BreakOnWarp=on
PauseOnWarp=off
DelayStrafe=on
DistBackup=10.00
DistBreak=400.00
DistFlex=7.00
DistMod=0.00
DistMod%=1.00
DistSnaproll=10.00
RandomArc=off
StrafeMinDelay=1500
StrafeMaxDelay=3000
UseBackward=on
UseFleeing=on
UseFlex=off
UseWalk=off
[MakeCamp]
CampRadius=40.00
MinDelay=500
MaxDelay=1500
RealtimePlayer=off
ReturnHaveTarget=off
ReturnNoAggro=off
ReturnNotLooting=off
UseLeash=off
LeashLength=50.00
UseScatter=off
Bearing=0.00
ScatDist=10.00
ScatSize=10.00
[MoveTo]
AlwaysUW=off
ArrivalDist=10.00
ArrivalDistX=10.00
ArrivalDistY=10.00
BreakOnAggro=off
BreakOnHit=off
DistBackup=30.00
MoveToMod=15.00
UseBackward=off
UseWalk=on
[Circle]
Backward=off
CCW=off
Drunken=off
RadiusSize=30.00
[StuckLogic]
StuckLogic=on
DistStuck=0.10
PulseCheck=6
PulseUnstuck=10
TryToJump=on
TurnHalf=on

@ctaylor22 thats definitely useful, but what I'm also gleaning is stickhow= CAN use multiple moveutils terms?

So if i wanted stickhow= moveback !front loose

that should work, just cant use a variable bit of math because that part will get 'locked in' when I start KA?

Yes you can have multiple terms.

This doesn't seem to be working for me. Whenever a mob runs away I look super gittery. Any ideas? Here's my config:

Rich (BB code):
[MQ2Melee]
plugin=1
stickmode=1
Melee=1
Aggro=1
Enrage=1
Infuriate=1
Facing=1
stickrange=75 
stickcmd=${If[${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]} > 19,10,${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.7]}]} moveback loose
Snaring=3400
PetAssist=1
PetRange=75
petengagehps=98
PetLock=1
Slam=1
Disarm=1
Taunt=1
harmtouch=0

This doesn't seem to be working for me. Whenever a mob runs away I look super gittery. Any ideas? :

As most any group I have ever run with....Root or Snare the mob so it DOESN'T run away. So far no one has been able to get rid of stutter step when chasing a mob, So the BEST bet it to make it so you don't have to chase it.

As most any group I have ever run with....Root or Snare the mob so it DOESN'T run away. So far no one has been able to get rid of stutter step when chasing a mob, So the BEST bet it to make it so you don't have to chase it.

Okay - thanks. I was mainly using this just to be lazy (I don't box). I will just kill the stick mode part.

Strategy - How to use MQ2Melee and not look like a MQ2 User!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back