• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - How to start a Heroic Adventure (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,681¢
I know this is some real basic shit here but I ran into a problem with it last night. Let me complain...errr...explain. I went back to CotF to do the Hunter missions for bags. The ones for Dead Hills in particular. I have already done the Gribbles missions, I just need the rest because the Named are in the missions themselves. Ok, np, I can do this. So I go talk to Skulk the MadAxe to get the Artifacts of Great Importance mission. NP I use the key phrase "investigate" and he gives me the task which I accept. The task automagically is given to all the other toons in the group. Now for the problem, getting everyone ported into the mission. Your supposed to say "when" when your ready to port in. Now I thought I used to use "mimic" to get everyone to port in at the same time! It's been awhile since I have done a mission and I am old, so maybe I forgot how to do this. But I don't think so. So I try the mimic thing and the Driver gets ported into the mission, all the rest stay right where they are. Hmmm, that didn't work worth shit, maybe I can get them into the mission by just doing them one at a time. So I click on the "when" in the chat window from the next toon and...nothing. I try all the toons and nothing. Man, why can't this shit just work. Anyways, did a "End Task" on the driver and he get's ported back ok. Let's try this again. So I change things up a bit and try using "Don't Talk to Me" Lua to get the task. This essentially makes EVERYONE in the group to request the task at the same time. You want just the leader of the group get the task. Wrong move, if you do this then everyone is the task taker and then its all messed up. I had to go through each of my toons and "End Task". Ok lesson learned. But now I try to go back to the Driver toon and get the task again and now I am locked out. Sheesh. What did I do wrong? What is the correct procedure to start an instance and get them all ported into the mission?

And to top this off I went to the other Mission camp and talked to Captain Russell Cooper to get the Clearing a Path mission and everything worked perfectly and I got the whole group into it with the "Mimic" button. Worked just fine. Is there something wrong with the other mission? Something screwed up with it? Was I holding my mouth the wrong way when I said "when"?

Looking for some guidance here, I looked it up on Google but couldn't find any reference to "problems" with the mission.

Vrak

Sorry I forgot to mention that in my previous post, but yeah, I did check to see if I was invis. I also have a button for UN invising lol. For just this very problem. So, no, I wasn't invis. How do you do this Durango? Am I just screwing this up?

Vrak

I also assume you are targeting the quest npc when trying the key words? Not sure what else could be the issue. mimic usually changes everyones target to your 'driver' as well, but worth a double check.

You assume correctly Krawdad. After the first time it didn't work, I started TS'ing. Invis off? Targeting Task giver then hitting mimic. Even tried type in the responses instead of clicking on the chat responses. And like I said in OP, I tried this same technique on another task giver and it worked to perfection. (shrug).

Vrak

I know this is some real basic shit here but I ran into a problem with it last night. Let me complain...errr...explain. I went back to CotF to do the Hunter missions for bags. The ones for Dead Hills in particular. I have already done the Gribbles missions, I just need the rest because the Named are in the missions themselves. Ok, np, I can do this. So I go talk to Skulk the MadAxe to get the Artifacts of Great Importance mission. NP I use the key phrase "investigate" and he gives me the task which I accept. The task automagically is given to all the other toons in the group. Now for the problem, getting everyone ported into the mission. Your supposed to say "when" when your ready to port in. Now I thought I used to use "mimic" to get everyone to port in at the same time! It's been awhile since I have done a mission and I am old, so maybe I forgot how to do this. But I don't think so. So I try the mimic thing and the Driver gets ported into the mission, all the rest stay right where they are. Hmmm, that didn't work worth shit, maybe I can get them into the mission by just doing them one at a time. So I click on the "when" in the chat window from the next toon and...nothing. I try all the toons and nothing. Man, why can't this shit just work. Anyways, did a "End Task" on the driver and he get's ported back ok. Let's try this again. So I change things up a bit and try using "Don't Talk to Me" Lua to get the task. This essentially makes EVERYONE in the group to request the task at the same time. You want just the leader of the group get the task. Wrong move, if you do this then everyone is the task taker and then its all messed up. I had to go through each of my toons and "End Task". Ok lesson learned. But now I try to go back to the Driver toon and get the task again and now I am locked out. Sheesh. What did I do wrong? What is the correct procedure to start an instance and get them all ported into the mission?

And to top this off I went to the other Mission camp and talked to Captain Russell Cooper to get the Clearing a Path mission and everything worked perfectly and I got the whole group into it with the "Mimic" button. Worked just fine. Is there something wrong with the other mission? Something screwed up with it? Was I holding my mouth the wrong way when I said "when"?

Looking for some guidance here, I looked it up on Google but couldn't find any reference to "problems" with the mission.

Vrak
@Vrakenor ... you're allergic to easy missions. Problem solved...take me it from me I'm a Doctor...

Leonardo Dicaprio Doctor GIF
this looks a little too bright catch me if you can GIF
catch me if you can young leo dicaprio GIF

When I have problems like this, it's either invis, language issue (FV server), or someone's plugin/macro didn't get paused for some reason and despite mimic me they'll change target.

Do you use Boxhud? that will show you what each box's target is to make sure that's set.

That was probably his best movie ever.

Yeah, I'm a dumbshit. I went back the next day and it worked just fine, sheesh. I thought I remembered how I did Gribbles and had the right process. Just didn't work for some reason, and I freaked out. Sorry guys, I do that occasionally.

Vrak

Problem - How to start a Heroic Adventure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back