• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How does my macro know when I have truly finished zoning? (1 Viewer)

tradertesla

RedCents
80¢
The situation is that some zonings are dangerous, i.e., sitting there invised for 30 seconds is a likely invitation to bind.

I tried targeting myself and continuing once target is validated.
I tried opening my inventory window and waiting until EQ says yea-verily my inventory is open, under the assumption that it couldn't open until my client was fully interactive.
I tried gbInZone.

In all 3 cases, the first few commands after zoning are essentially lost. There appears to be a lag between when MQ thinks you are fully zoned and when you really are interactive with your environment. (I use a high-end Athlon X2 with max RAM, but I wouldn't think the hardware would matter).

Yes, I can throw in a /delay, but the actual delay needed varies due to network conditions, time since my last reboot, number of EQ instances currently loaded, number of instances zoning simultaneously, etc. If I just drop in a 30 second delay, then that will cover all situations pretty much, except that now I will die when that see-invis mob paths by during the delay. Or I die if the delay is too short for current conditions, my next commend is lost (like /face fast heading 110 for instance) oops, now I am facing the wrong direction and die again.

Does anyone have a good method? Maybe I'm not using gbInZone properly? I suppose I could keypress up and detect when I am actually moving (hmmm)...

Anyway, an actual snippet of code would be great. I have been experimenting with various conditional loops--I just don't seem to have hit on the right condition.

I appreciate any advice...

Rich (BB code):
Sub Zoner(string ZoneName, string ZoneLoc)
    /delay 5s

|~ Whats the point you're in zone for 2 sec tops ... /call GMCheck
    :loop
    /if (${Zone[${Zone.ShortName}].ID} != ${Zone.ID}) /goto :loop
    /delay 5
    /return

here is a snipet out of one of my macros, and i never have problems zoneing. Maybe it will give you some ideas

How does my macro know when I have truly finished zoning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back