• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How do you effectively look for the spell? (1 Viewer)

Ceci0724

RedCents
684¢
Hi All

I am trying to update the INI for my crew, one of the part that giving me headache is finding the related spell into the spell gem and ensuring its rk II also met with the INI.

I am currently rightclick on the spell bar, and then look for it on each category, line by line...that is very trouble if some spell are not buyable in POK or needed to obtain other hand vendor purchase...

When it is missed, I will also look for it in EQresource, that help a bit, while it exhausted me after setting up for 1-2 toons.
And sometimes it is really hard to find the related category, especially for those dichotomic line...

Therefore, very curious how you all are doing it?

Hi All

I am trying to update the INI for my crew, one of the part that giving me headache is finding the related spell into the spell gem and ensuring its rk II also met with the INI.

I am currently rightclick on the spell bar, and then look for it on each category, line by line...that is very trouble if some spell are not buyable in POK or needed to obtain other hand vendor purchase...

When it is missed, I will also look for it in EQresource, that help a bit, while it exhausted me after setting up for 1-2 toons.
And sometimes it is really hard to find the related category, especially for those dichotomic line...

Therefore, very curious how you all are doing it?

there are a few sites i like to use for spells

eq.magelo.com has a decent spell section
raidloot.com has decent spell and AA information

MQ2Mule and MuleAssist has an AWESOME automatically detect and upgrade your spells feature
if you haven't considered checking it out here is a video for it > MQ2MULE & MuleAssist <

For dicho specifically - *most* dicho spells are called dicho ___, and then the upgrade is dissident ___ (cleric is an example of an exception with undying life)

With the old spell on a gem, right click and hold the gem until the info box pops up. Look towards the bottom of the info box and you'll see a "category: " and "subcategory: ". That corresponds to the menu that you get when you right click an empty spell gem, the one that you're now going line by line through. The new upgrade will almost always be in the same section and 5 levels higher than the old spell it's replacing. It will also follow the cookie cutter naming convention that they've created for that spell line. As for finding where to buy new spells as you level, you have to know the expansion that gave your class the next upgrade. For that, you'll need to verify with an offsite. Every expansion introduces some new spells, but the ones that upped the level cap have the bulk of the spell upgrades. Hit up the entry zone for each expansion and use find menu to locate the vendor for your class.

Level cap expansions are as follows:
  • 90 - HoT, Feerott Dream
  • 95 - VoA, Argath
  • 100 - RoF, Shards Landing
  • 105 - TDS, Katta Deluge
  • 110 - RoS, Ogrethere
  • 115 - ToV, Eastern Wastes

Last edited:
Thanks SA_Krycek, yes, thats how i am doing it. still it is quite trouble to look for some new line spell at the new expansion.

Thanks Sic, yes, i got tricked on the Cleric one...and these Dichotomic things not buyable in POK and not auto scribe, really tricky, while so powerful that you can easily notice the miss!
Didnt aware there is a muleassist, will definitely have a look, thanks !

I am not wanting to open another thread, while i am working on Broken Mirror progression recently, any tips on moving around, i got Dru, but it dont allow me to bind on those demi plane.

Am i Struck in there till i finish the progression set? because i find it is quite inconvenient to move around...have to go to PoTranq, PoHealth, then Demi plane ...maybe i should bound at tranq?

Also, how to make everyone to click on the mirror clicky? I am currently ALT+TAB one by one to click the mirror fragment (as well as those Porty stone/coffin...)
I believe there must be smarter way to do it!!

Please tell me!!

To click an item, you ever can use the command :
//bcga Useitem Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul (all your group)
//bcaa Useitem Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul (all chars connecter to your server)
Same for the Drunkar's stein, so all your chars are grouped in PoK drinking vendor.

For spells go open one vendor and use "/mac scribe 1 115" to buy all spells you do not have from level 1 to 115.

To check your missing spell, EQ have a command "/outputfile missingspells PATH".
usage: /outputfile [guild | raid | spellbook | inventory | guildbank | realestate | guildhall | missingspells | recipes [argument] | faction ] [optional filename]
If you do not use PATH, it will safe your missing spells in a file in your EQ folder. If you use a path (C:\Everquest\Export-EQ\MissingSpells\), it will export your missing spells in C:\Everquest\Export-EQ\MissingSpells\
So you can check missing spells per chars. after this, you can link 1 Excel file to all your missing spells files, so you see in 1 file all the spells you will need to buy.
For myself, i do this for almost everythings, so you can keep track on all your inventory, spell, guilds banks, etc...

On excel, you can too keep track of your task progressions, utilities items you can need (clicky for port to PoK, faire camp, drunkar's stein, etc...).

Make an excel file with all information in it, char name, level, AA, mercs AA, classes, etc... and add things chars need, including Birthday quest and rewards, progressions, etc.
It really help me when i search something, or to locate items.

Question - How do you effectively look for the spell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back