• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Hotkey Linking (1 Viewer)

gkftw

RedCents
I have 4 different hotkeys, and I want to be able to just hit one button and have them go off one after another, is that possible? Thanks

Not within EQ, that would make it too easy to make AFK macro so SOE didn't offer hotkey linking within hotkeys. You would need to use MQ2 and have it automate multiple hotkeys or put all 4 hotkeys within a single MQ2 macro.

In the simplest form, MQ2 can use standard SOE command, and because MQ2 is not limited to 5 lines you can put everything in one.

Step 1: create a new text document inside Macro folder in MQ2 folder

Step 2: type out the command in order you wanted from the 4 hot keys, or have key press to activate the hot key.

Step 3: rename file type to .mac You may have to set Windows to show file type extension.

For more on coding macro file, you can check http://www.macroquest2.com/main.php and look for manual, check out the forum for some macro file you can read and learn more. Before you go off and run a new & untested macro, I would start a Forgotten Hall instance and test em there for bugs like unintended /ooc I'm using macro!! REPORT ME PLZ! =) Forgotten hall is 1 player useable so you don't need a group to start one and anything that goes on there won't fall on other people's ears.

/keypress # does work in hotkeys

and you can make a simple macro so that maybe you have a private channel and you type Fire ... the macro would do those 4 hotkeys one after the other

what do you have each of the hot keys do?

with MQ2 you can automate all of it or part of it...

or just stick to using your hot keys..

8-)

ARMY

Hotkey Linking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back