• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Horse Trick (1 Viewer)

RedCents
I have no clue how useful this can be but i used my Summoned warhorse that i got from POR and i was buffing. Then i shrouded to save my buffs. Well anyways i unshrouded and i wasnt on the horse but the summoned warhorse was still in buff slot. so i go running around and im at normal speed. Also my hud was showing that i was regening like i was on a horse. I click the buff off and regen goes down.

I did some more testing with shrouds and the horse and found that if you zone it makes you have the horse again as if it was always there. Too bad it was in the pok and not a zone that you could fight in. I was thinking that an enchanter could turn you into something but didnt test it (my chanter isnt high enough).

Was this a bug just on your screen? Or could other people not see the horse as well?

When you shroud you save all of your buffs. Being on a horse is simply a buff to SOE. I used to do this a lot when I'd get buffed nice and then go goof off with friends that were lower levels. I'd keep my buffs when I reshrouded. I also hear it's a good way to keep your pets (and their weapons) but I'm not 100% sure that that works since I don't play a Pet class on any of my chars.

yes, shrouding keeps your pets and all their gear. 2 of my toons are guildless and are pet classes so that is what i do every night when i log off.

I also think that once you zone the horse will show up again.
It does. I just want to keep the regen. or maybe use it in zones that dont let you use a mount. Ik know the regen is only a little but its still regen

someoneorsomething said:
I was thinking that an enchanter could turn you into something but didnt test it (my chanter isnt high enough).

Enchanter's (mages etc) can't cast illusion spells on themselves or others (such as elemental) while on a horse, they get an error message (if the illusion can't ride a horse). Normal illusions (PC races) work just fine. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Speaking for horse tricks, Something I'm curious about. Is it at all possible to Yaulp while on the horse? I believe folks talked about this in the past.

Yalp is just a short term buff of str and atk. I Don't see a reason you couldn't cast it. I'll try it on my cleric when I get home.

Dont see why it would conflict.

being mounted doesnt really add any regen or rana regen, it simply makes your mana regen behave as if you were sitting down medding. while being able to move and avoid getting sit aggro.

Lucy spell data for Summon Horse, no regen or mana regen.

Summon Horse

Slot Description
1: Summon Horse: SumHorseBlSlow2

Mana: 0
Casting Time: 0
Recast Time: 0
Fizzle Time: 2.25
Range: 0
Time of Day: Any
Dispellable: No
Interruptable: Yes
Short Buff Box: No
Target Type: Self
Spell Type: Beneficial
Category: NPC
Source: Live 06/28

MDARG said:
Yes, but you can't use yaulp while you are sitting ^^

Great, but you're not sitting. You're mounted.

Mounted does not = sitting, it simply makes your mana regen rate behave as if you were. Mounting by itself affects nothing else.

The resrictions are on the spell (or in the case of illusions, the character model), and for character state and environmental state checks (i.e. am i running? am i outdoors?) the check is usually client side. Hense, 'hide while running' and 'cast outdoor only spells while indoor' cracks are possible. And since there are offsets to affect mounting checks (hide/sneak while mounted) I would think that "Am I mounted?" is a question asked on the client side.

So if Yaulp is negated by mounting or doesnt work while mounting, then it's probably a client side check and just a matter of finding the right offset to bypass it.

But then, iv'e never played a pally/cleric so I don't even know if you can or cannot cast Yaulp while mounted. Just saying that I don't see a reason why it would be blocked (from looking at the spell data). And that if it is, it can probably be cracked.

I'm about 99% sure that when you're on a mount and cast Yaulp that you just get a message saying "The spell cannot take effect" or whatever the message is.

I play a cleric, and I will assure you that you cannot yaulp on a mount (unless you use a lower version without mana regen). The in game scroll specificly states that if you sit you will loose the effects of the buff. If anyone needs proof I'll log in and get a screenshot of the spell scroll.

Then it sounds like something that could be bypassed with offsets... sounds like it would be mighty useful..

Does it stack with the clarity/mind wrack lines?

Horse Trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back