• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Hi all, would you veterans take a look at what i am trying to do? (1 Viewer)

CoreZeb

RedCents
First, thanks for taking a look.

After 6 months away from teh game i am coming back. I found this site and thought about something that would be a huge boon for me.

I currently have a 69 monk in Time/GoD gear and a 64 Necro.
I am coming back to the game with my necro as my main.

What i would like to use MQ for is to turn the monk into a melee pet of sorts for kiting.

Basically i am looking for commands the resemble the pet window already with the advent of a few special skills that monks have.

So Im needing something that will follow the mob/or me (think i saw this somewhere)
Turn on/off attack via a tell command... ie form the Necro... /tell Monk Go Monk
this makes him attack, hit his special attacks, etc.
have him auto FD (ie evade.. attack off... FD.. stand... attack on..) if he pulls aggro or gets below say 75% health.
and then a command that will just make him FD and stand/sit
be able to use the Melee disciplines

He was a great toon to play, i was just burnt on the class back in the day and dont want to get burnt again. :D
Not using his abilities would be a real crime imho because his DPS was pretty good. 250 to 500 spikes if i remember correctly.

I think this type of activity is very possible from what i have read on these boards. Sadly i have not a clue how to make the code needed to do any of it.

I honestly have yet to compile MQ2 for the first time since we just had a patch go through. I saw today that its available so i will get working on that.

In the meantime if you could point me in the direction of something that would turn a boxed toon into a pet or a place to learn what i need to learn to make it happen i would appreciate it.

In terms of boxing. I have a laptop as a second computer that i had thought i would run the box on, however i realized that i could run two instance of EQ on my machine if i want to.

How these would run together along with MQ is another question.
i have a gig of ram and a 512k video card inthe puter that i would do this on.
Think its worth trying? or should i just run the laptop striped with easy models?

Thanks for the helps and hints.

Core

Ive done the same combo before it works fairly good .. Was bored on some twinks so I set this up:

Use the combat plugin that I posted in strat/cheats it also requires mq2moveutils, and set up the monk to use flying kick. To do this you'd load the plugin and do /combat ability 1 <ability #>.
So if you had flying kick in 1 it would be /combat ability 1 1
Then do /combat save so you don't have to do this everytime you zone. /combat help to setup rest of the commands (sticking dist etc).

Then use mq2mastermind plugin that you can find on MQ2 boards (if you are a vip) otherwise you'd have to get a precompiled .dll and have the password provided to setup master/bitch. Make a hotkey for attack by doing the following:
line1 /pet attack
line2 /pause 7
line3 /t monkname /assist necroname
line4 /pause 7
line5 /t monkname /attack

Or you can just setup a genbot for the monk and have the master set as your necro and just make shortcuts for attack,backoff, etc.. Just make hotkeys to tell pet whatever then tell group whatever or channel to get the monk to act as the pet.

Dunno if that makes sense I am really tired lol

Hi all, would you veterans take a look at what i am trying to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back