• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

HHK MM assist macro (1 Viewer)

shadowman33

RedCents
70¢
anyone by chance have a small one written already?
Just need it to use when boxing the mission. Basically just a quick write up to get the cleric to auto follow and auto heal using group temp if hitpoints start to drop. Possibly sit down when mana is low.

Darn, I got all excited when I saw the subject line, thought you were POSTING one, lol. (But then, I DO get easily excited.) My preference here would be on a helper macro, not an AFK automated main. i.e., one of your helpers runs off to the basement to do the hail upon your manual command.

Speaking of which, I did a little log parsing on that MM and found:

1) ...that the cleric does as much melee damage (DPS) as the warrior on straight melee

2) ...that any warrior not spamming Lesion IV (DOT) during the mission is cheating the group out of a FULL 50% boost in DPS. No kidding. Both pickup groups I was in had some members not using it at all. (In fact, one guy was barely playing. He had practically no cumulative damage at all, and no--he was not the cleric, (damn freakin' little leech...) Hey, maybe he was a poorly written bot or a poorly played 2-box? Now that makes more sense.)

3) ...the excitement over the Pickclaw Wizards seems unfounded. The Pickclaw Warriors routinely had triple the offensive DPS output of the Wizards. I would still take out the Wizards early on principle, but it doesn't seem to be that big a deal.

This leads me to an idea that I wish I had time to try for 3-boxing. (sigh, I get so little time to play, :( ) Anyway, since the Cleric seems to have roughly equal melee abilities in comparison to the warrior (sorry, haven't had a chance to compare AC and HPs on those since I had this idea), what if you selected ALL Clerics for the party? Now hang in there, this sounds a little unconventional, but...

1) Every character gets a mana pool, therefore you have a huge healing factory (note that Temp is an MGB in this MM, and can be used repeatedly as a group heal)

2) With all that healing ability, it is not so critical to use your points on Healing efficiency skills.

3) In fact, if I remember correctly (wish I was at home to try it--and had the time), the cleric has a DD spell and the skills to increase DD damage. If you use your points to max out mana regen, mana efficiency, and DD damage---you might have a hell of a Healer-Caster-Warrior hybrid. The holy trinity of combat in one. ...or a pipe dream, sombody pinch me, lol.

4) Does 1 Cleric have enough mana to keep 2 warriors healthy during a challenging 5-mob pull? (I tried 1 warrior and 1 cleric with NO success.) Maybe, barely, but what if the Cleric was also contributing majorly to DPS and yet you also have 3X the mana pool? Intriguing. In a small group of a 3-boxer, the balance between DPS and healing is critical. But with this setup you would have both DPS and healing at your fingertips, ready to adjust to challenging pulls at any time. The worst case is that you have to sit and med at some point. Or, your main could still be the warrior if he has better mitigation (not proven yet in my parses), with 2 hybrids as your helpers.

So, my thoughts about a helper macro in this MM would be centered around a helper-Cleric that follows the main, auto-targets/assists and melees every mob by following your lead (making best use of your collective Offensive DPS assets), then spams nukes until their mana drops to N%, at which point it would conserve mana for heals. It would intelligently use group heal or individual heal/HOT to make best use of your collective mana pool.

In fact, during use I would purposely hold back my main a little until the cleric(s) had aggro now and then to spread out the damage and use group heal to efficiently manage the collective hit point pool. That is using the assumption that the group heal turns out to be more efficient than individual ones, not proven yet that I know of.

Finally, remember that these MMs are NOT traditional EQ, and the traditional proven class methods do not necessarily apply. They are essentially new sub-games with similar rules... only similar.

If someone is home right now, maybe you could try that combo and see how well it works? Also, please don't anyone post that little tidbit about the, er, "best" way to equip yourself to fight in this MM. No sense in bringing excessive attention to it.

well, sorry about your excitement, but that is why I posted it in the proper "request" forums LOL. As for 3 people running the MM, I do it all the time and still end up with around 10 min left on timer. You just have to be a bit more careful of what you pull. Besides, if you die, no big deal anyway LOL. We just fight out way down to the basement, do the hail, then go up to top of stairs on second lvl, kill first 2 rooms on the right, then mad rush to get prisoners and suicide it. That almost always works out to 36 of 40 killed so all we have left to kill are the 4 repops at the entry point. I usually do it with 2 other people and alternate toons to get xp on both. I don't really like to leech although I let guildmates and friends do it if they want to. That is why I requested the small quick macro to just set up the macro to run after I zone into the MM. Just get the cleric to follow us around, auto heal, and med when needed. Or for that matter, set the macro to get the warrior to auto follow and assist the other person in the group with me(who by the way is running mq2 also).

That would be good , too, but then I would need 2 macros: one for a helper warrior and one for a helper cleric. I would then play the MT/puller warrior.

This MM is probably worth some coding time, since it is not insanely difficult or tricky and it is less prone to exploitation and nerfing. You still have to grind through 40 mobs no matter what else you do so it could be around un-nerfed for a lot longer than most.

If someone posts a helper macro of either or any strategy, I will be glad to try it. I'm a good tester due to my lack of experience with MQ2 macros, though I'm not new to coding in general.

HHK MM assist macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back