• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Hey guys, i am rather new to EQ and the botting community, a good friend of mine recommended this website, was fishing for info. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
160¢
As i said above, a good friend of mine recommended redguides and kissassist to get started, but i really dont know what steps to take next. i have the new system setup, EQ installed, account made, and all that good stuff. he told me to come here and ask around for a free trial (one or three months) to use the botting software and website to market accounts. can anyone here throw me a free trial? maybe some basic instructions on where to download the bot or how to get it set up for multiboxing and botting? Thank you in advance for any advice!

P.S. I have about ~3yrs in python3 coding and about 1yr in C#, i am running an I5 quad core processor, 500GB internal HDD, 16GB ram, 2GB AMD Radeon graphics card. My friend said i should have all the skills and hardware necessary to get started, i just need to know how to get the bot, how to set it up, and how to get my character market going. i exhausted all my money building the system, so if i can get a free trial for the software to get started i would greatly appreciate it.

Also, a couple of times a day you can give "redcents" to posts you like. You earn 1 redcent for liking a post, and the person you redcent earns 10. The redcents cost you nothing, but show your appreciation, and help them get redguides swag, krono, or other things available in the redcent shop. So even if you're broke, you can still support those providing information, code, or other help for users.

Additionally, joining our discord channel would likely be the easiest method of contacting members of the active community. Discord is the place to be for all redguides members.

Also, it’s worth noting that participating in the community and helping others is the main way to get redcents, and then you can pay for your monthly redguides subscription with that currency.

EQ in and of itself has a steep learning curve, like any good indepth gaming world.

MQ has it's own steep learning curve on top of that.

There is a LOT of information out there though made up over the years. Unfortunately things evolve over time, and most of the information is done by volunteers.

It is highly encouraged to (of course) try to find answers on your own, as it cuts down on the 50k'th time suchadsuch question has been answered... how ever you will not be strung up and flayed for it if for some reason something it not coming up or something is just not "clicking" for you with the explanation.

There are a number of folks who no longer play EQ but still help with the coding as well.

The Red Guides (RG) version and community here tend to be very helpful, and for the most part you got a "can instantly use" set up.

Was your friend helping you get established on a server and working out whats what?

EQ in and of itself has a steep learning curve, like any good indepth gaming world.

MQ has it's own steep learning curve on top of that.

There is a LOT of information out there though made up over the years. Unfortunately things evolve over time, and most of the information is done by volunteers.

It is highly encouraged to (of course) try to find answers on your own, as it cuts down on the 50k'th time suchadsuch question has been answered... how ever you will not be strung up and flayed for it if for some reason something it not coming up or something is just not "clicking" for you with the explanation.

There are a number of folks who no longer play EQ but still help with the coding as well.

The Red Guides (RG) version and community here tend to be very helpful, and for the most part you got a "can instantly use" set up.

Was your friend helping you get established on a server and working out whats what?

Thank you to everyone above for the informations. i have been reading guides and it has been infinitely useful, i also had about an hour or two with my friend on discord last night and he walked me through a good bot setup and (lent or lended or maybe on loan?) a 105 wizard then set me up with a fairly reliable bone selling bot/mac. my wizard(which will take over for the loaner) is around level 50-ish and still making brellsrest runs as we speak. i definitely want to learn a bit more about some stuff, like how the mesh generator works, a bit more on how to write custom macros, or modify macros, but as it is, because of chatwiththisname, and the help of my friend(who i am sure you guys know, but i dont want to be rude and name drop), my first bott is up and running and i am on my way to having my own 105 wizard and shadowknight so i can start making marketable characters, hopefully in the next few days.

i really love the idea of the redcents, it is almost like steemit, but without a giant, gross stiffy for its self. i am going to spend this week reading guides, learning the VVMQ2 and macros, and getting my "main toons" up to par so i can start making salable toons. anyway, thank you again to everyone here for being super cool and helping me get started, i look forward to working with you guys more in the future, and if i write any juicy macros or good python scripts which might be useful, i will be sure to share them on the forums for the community.

Question - Hey guys, i am rather new to EQ and the botting community, a good friend of mine recommended this website, was fishing for info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back