• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Help with MQ2 (1 Viewer)

stupiid

RedCents
Ive downloaded red's version, extracted and installed...copied the xml and repasted in eq's uifiles default folder...turn on mq....turn on eq but when im in game the windows do not pop up. I used this program in the past but that was back in '05, cant remember what im doing wrong. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you talking about not seeing your MQ2 window, or just the seperate windows for MQ2?

Your xml files need to be in your UI folder, and then you need to reload your UI.

in game the screen looks like it would normally, ive copied MQUI_bufftool/casttimerwnd/docrackwnd/dpswnd/timerwnd into the eq uifiles default folder, ive tried to reload once and i have also restarted both macroquest and everquest. Hmm not sure whats the deal, think i should try the other compile?

Okay, my next question is: Where should i type in the /plugin commands at, only window i have showing on my EQ UI is the main chat window. and when i type the commands in, i get a invalid command message.

Make sure you have MQ2 loaded, because it sounds like you dont have it loaded. Then make sure you have Adminstrator priveledges since you are running Vista.

Once you make sure the 2 things above are done, then type /plugin mq2docrack with the XML files in your UI folder reload the UI.

Jigs21 said:
Make sure you have MQ2 loaded, because it sounds like you dont have it loaded. Then make sure you have Adminstrator priveledges since you are running Vista.

Once you make sure the 2 things above are done, then type /plugin mq2docrack with the XML files in your UI folder reload the UI.

Yeah, i think Siddin said you could right-click the files/folder and click something for administrative privileges? I don't have vista, so I'm not up on that.

Right click, go to properties. Compatability tab (I think), click run as administrator, click ok.
Now you can start it as normal. Personally I'd change the Macroquest2.exe file in whatever folder you have it in (mine is c:\mq2) to read only, that way you don't overwrite it each patch and have to reset the admin privileges again.

I have MQ2 window up in the Game, but i tried to do a plugin /plugin Speed
then i tried doing a /macro Speed .. sasys Subroutine Main wasn'f ound, and other way it said .. Couldn't open Macro File ://ower....macrofile.Speed.mac What am i doing wrong at startup ?

Help with MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back