• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Help with AFK Bard Macro (1 Viewer)

jshriddle

RedCents
20¢
I was hoping someone could help me add something to the AFK Bard Target Macro created by Redbot (thanks Redbot!). It works great. I had two questions I'd appreciate some feedback on:

First, I took out the Event Invite since I was tired of toons inviting me to join their group, the macro auto-accepting the invite, and them getting to sit and leach xp while I'm AFK. I'm not sure if removing the Event Invite altogether will prevent my toon from auto-accepting a group invite, but that's what I did. If someone can let me know if that works, and if so, if I should add something that maybe sends a tell with a decline tell so it doesn't appear like I'm actually AFK. Thoughts?

My second question I had was whether it was possible on a successful GM Check if instead of just camping and dying if the toon could warp to an out-of-the-way place (say, the Soul Binder in my home city where no one ever is anymore), end macro, end twist, sit down, and camp out. I don't know if the GM has to physically see you warp out or if they can just see a log of it happening in the zone when they are there. I AFK kite in places away from zone lines and succor points anyway, so the GM would usually have to travel to where I'm at if I were reported by a player or such. I don't usually use the warp command when playing, but I thought it might be a better alternative than to just dying and losing the xp.

Not sure if that's doable or advisable. Appreciate any feedback or assistance. Thanks!

| This macro made for www.Redguides.com
| Don't steal it or we'll punch your fase!
#turbo
#event camp "personingroup tells the group, 'lets roll'
#event dzadd "personyouwanttoadd tells you, 'add me'
#event zoned "#*#You have entered#*#"

Sub Main

:loopstart
/doevents
/call GMcheck
/if (${Target.Level}>67) /tar npc next
/if (${Target.Distance}>220) /keypress esc
/if (${Target.ID}==FALSE) /tar NPC radius 220
/delay 10
/goto :loopstart
/return

Sub GMcheck
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
/echo Gm detected
/beep
/beep
/beep
/keypress 9
/endmac
/unload
/q
}
/return

Sub event_camp
/sit
/camp desk
/return

sub event_zoned
/delay 5s
/sit
/camp desk
/endmac
/return

sub event_dzadd
/dzadd personyouwanttoadd
/return

My second question I had was whether it was possible on a successful GM Check if instead of just camping and dying if the toon could warp to an out-of-the-way place (say, the Soul Binder in my home city where no one ever is anymore)

If a GM is detected in your zone, the last thing you want to do is warp.

I AFK kite in places away from zone lines and succor points anyway, so the GM would usually have to travel to where I'm at if I were reported by a player or such

A GM does not have to "travel". If he is in zone because of you, he will instantly be on top of you LOL. Remember GM's can and are allowed to warp directly to you or summon you directly to them.

::Squick:: Thanks for the clarification Shadowman that ends that idea. Am now leary of running this AFK at all now.

What about removing the Event Invite to prevent auto-accepting into groups? Does the code still look correct with my removing it?

If you're AFK kiting in a non-instanced zone and enough people already know your name that you've been invited to multiple groups for folks to leech xp, the moment you stop allowing them to leech xp I would bet they are going to petition you.

It sounds like there are several people on the server who are aware you're afk-kiting in a public place and I'm sure they've told their friends "Hey, come join my group in XXXX zone, there's an afk bard here kiting and we can suck XP off him because he left the open invite code in his macro".

You're just asking to be banned if you piss those people off. You need to go anon and get a new kite spot.

Help with AFK Bard Macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back