• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

help question (1 Viewer)

OBI

RedCents
Every time I try to log in on one of my accounts it says operation timed out? anyone know why this happens? it only does it on one of my accounts.

Are you logged onto any other accounts at the same time, using a router with other computers using the internet? My first thought would be too many collisions if you're logged onto multiple accounts with multiple computers, but if its just one computer I'm not really sure.

If it is on the same computer and all the same stuff is running then I don't understand. As in if everything is the exact same but patcher will let you log in 1 account and not the other then you will have to call Sony because that makes no sense. If it will let you log in 1 account, but the 2nd one wont work that could be something to do with your router in which case I would call either Sony or your ISP to straighten it out.

I don't know if this will help at all but I'll throw it in the mix. Ever since the latest update I was unable to log into the game, from any of my accounts, on my primary computer. My secondary computer no problems. I did all I could think of to find out the problem. I did complete file check of eq directory (which in the past usually fixed this kind of problem) but no fix. I then did a reimage of my windows os partition (different than my eq one) and no fix. I then reinstalled EQ to a brand new directory and this fixed it. All this time I was logged into EQ on my secondary computer with no problems at all.
I don't know what got thwacked in my old EQ directory but something did. I left it intact so I could play around with it later. )
The biggest bitch was trying to copy over user files and settings (which should have been easy but I guess I made it hard). ))

Sorry for your woes though.
toejam

help question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back