• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Help adding event Song of stone in Bard macro please (1 Viewer)

easyfun

RedCents
I'd like to add the bard pets into for DPS every 30 minutes when ever the alt ability Song of Stone is available.

In testing this ability while in a DZ I notice that there are issues popping the pets while singing a current song so I made a hot key with the following.

1. /twist stop
2. /pause 2
3. /alt activate 255
4. /pause 2
5. /twist

Even this doesn't pop the pets sometimes, but the ability gets greyed out.

I've tried putting in a sub for when the target gets to 85% life just whack the hotkey, but that didn't work.

I'm more looking for information on how this ability works and suggestions or if someone already has it in a macro work to just post the code. I'm not looking for anyone to write the code if it doesn't exist yet, I can do that once I figure out how this works more.

Thanks,

Where are you using this? Vxed or FH? I dont know about Vxed, but in FH the rats dont run, so you would not be able to use this, because the rats would interupt the casting. If its in Vxed, you would need to figure out when the mobs start running and that would only make sense to cast when it was running, because you would either have to start before the fight, causing the pets to attack first (getting them killed) or when the mob starts running, where they would only be used for 20%, Let me know.

ss44 said:
Where are you using this? Vxed or FH? I dont know about Vxed, but in FH the rats dont run, so you would not be able to use this, because the rats would interupt the casting. If its in Vxed, you would need to figure out when the mobs start running and that would only make sense to cast when it was running, because you would either have to start before the fight, causing the pets to attack first (getting them killed) or when the mob starts running, where they would only be used for 20%, Let me know.

Ohh I'm so confused by this? What does mobs running or not have to do with the Bard pets song of stone?

All I'm looking to do is while I'm running in a circle when the mobs life is at a certain % and song of stone is up send the pets in for DPS.

It works sometimes in FH, but other times it just grays out song of stone and no pets pop.

gang it has nothing to do with zone or anything..

twist is forcing songs to play so casting anything is not gonna work ..

and as SS44 said if this is like a spell .. then you have to stop to cast.. which would get you killed .. UNLESS you switched to DA ...

so it would be /cast 9 (DA) .. stop .. alt activate.. run circle again .. i doubt that would work though.. can u cast when DA?

if this is insta cast then ....

/twist off needs to be first thing..

then the alt activate.. and it will work

you could add a sub with a IF statement .. if mob hp < 85 and song of stone == ready then /call PET

sub pet
/twist off
/pause 3
/alt activate #
/twist 1 2 3 4 5 or like in my bard macros.. /call sing
/return

done 8-)

i am at work so this is not the code.. but the basic format you need

pss you could also use this for bellow or XP AA .. etc etc

You can be moving and still cast this spell. From what I have seen it takes around 3 seconds from click to boom, after the boom, the pets start to spawn. After all the pets are spawned, you can resume your twist.

However, using this in a setting such as Vxed or RCoD would be very unwise. The mobs would most likely stop to attack your pets when you're kiting a group of mobs, then you could realistically end up running back through your group of mobs you were kiting and get deaded. Using this in a setting like FH would be fine since you're only kiting one mob and probably would be able to keep aggro over your pets.

So basically I just need a bigger pause after I call pets with /alt activate 255 before I start the /twist back up.

So the hotkey or sub in the macro could be

1. /twist stop
2. /pause 1 or /delay 1
3. /keypress or /alt activate 255
4. /pause 18 or /delay 3s
5. /twist

I would love to make this part of the macro as a sub so I'll have try and figure out how to get a statement that works making sure the mobs health is < 85 and song of stone == ready.

Help adding event Song of stone in Bard macro please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back