• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Help account ganked (1 Viewer)

Doofgod

RedCents
HELP ACCOUNT GANKED

What options do I have to get my account back or money refunded. I bought my account through paypal November 3rd 2006, and someone took it today March 6th. The account information has been changed :mad: I hope there is some way to get her back Please any help will be appreciated.

Well, I believe if I understand how it all works, if they have all the original account information, they pretty much own the account no matter what. There really isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Unless you want to hire an attorney of course.

Then again, you can throw a big stink with SOE and send them the paypal reciepts etc... Plus have them research the payment for the past seneral months. It wont get it back, but they will most likely ban it so the jerk wont get it either.

Back when I was active in buying accounts, I always asked for a regular phone (not cell ) number when buying accounts and CALLED them up. This wasn't 100 percent foolproof, but helped weed out most scammers and potential flakes.

If you don't have the phone number, try to contact the seller anyways through e-mail it is worth a shot.

Sometimes, the seller might not be the original owner who ganked the account, and may help you contact the original guy. Quite often it is a relative of a seller, or a friend who owns the account and just decided to come back to the game and simply thought they couldn't remember the password.

This once happened to me after having an account for 2 years. Guy came back from service and found out his account had been sold by the guy whom he had lent it to.

If you have no way to contact the person or if the person tells you to DIAF, you are basically SoL and can do as EQManiac suggested and just get a ban on the account.

One more note:
If you buy a really nice character, one should try to move it to your own account as soon as possible. Just make sure both accounts have same billing for a few months and it should go through.

Acuallty there is away , if you keep asking its on your cc thye might help you with the info , just have to get a nice SoE person , tell them it was your cuzins acount and he died in the war, that works for the ladys

I had this problem, you cant get the account back but you can contact sony Via Email and tell the that you bought it and now the guy has taken it back. Tell them what you paid and tell them you have all your CC info on the account and if you paid for a long period of time (like i did 1year) that they will transfer your full payment to one of your own accounts. If you paid monthy you will get nothing back, You have to be persistant with them. Then you will also get the account banned since he sold it to you. It worked for me and i got subscription paid for a year on another account of mine. Other than that you are out the money you paid for it.

If you really want the character, do this;

Go to Sony's Online Chat, and talk to a rep there and have them reset the password (if you have CC info), the instant that you get the account back, APPLY and PAY for a Character Transfer, and have the info sent to YOUR email. If you need a fullproof guide on it, just let me know. Then he can take the character back, but he won't have a clue about character transfer, and you have the character to yourself and he has no access to it. Then go to Sony and ban the account.

don't know if this will help with an EQ account but I was scammed once on E-bay with a car part and you can actually press charges for mail fraud. I filed a complaint in the city where he lived sent him copies as well as other stuff Ebay and Paypal suggested and dispute was resolved very quickly. I think he went out and stole another car part and sent it to me actually. Pretty lame but I wasn't out my money and he wasn't about to send me any money back as I am sure he already spent it.

If you bought from a corporation like E-Bay you can, like Jinx said, apply for fraud. Tell E-Bay that you have proof, paypal reciepts, etc., etc. showing that you DID pay for this account, and have recently ganked back from the old account owner.

Although, E-Bay doesn't support selling EQ accounts, and I think it's against their rules. You can try that for another company, but it might not work. If you really want to get it back, get a lawyer.

For future reference, EQ is like crack to most people so remember.. THEY WILL COME BACK! As soon as you buy an account next time, transfer the character(s), so the asshole that sold it to you can't get it back.

Well you don't have to go thru E-bay but you can follow the proceedure they outline and get results simply by mentioning the fraud and filing a complaint locally etc. I think they have a outline on their site so check it out. If you bought it from another site I would follow the same proceedure and you can do it all with out a lawyer btw. It looks like you are using a lawyer with the steps they suggest.

Did you check Paypal as well? They have a resolution page and you can file a complaint to resolve your issue. He can lose his Paypal privileges and that might motivate him. I wsee peps selling on Ebay and say no Paypal I steer clear because I fear they might be a scammer.

you have the original personas full name and region where he lived? If so you could do a person search for like $10 on the net find his address draw up some offical sounding fake paperwork to scare them like a court summons ect and possibly scare him into giving you the account back or money. or maybe even both.

Help account ganked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back