• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Hello (1 Viewer)

RedCents
292¢
After three or four weeks in to Redguides I'm having a lot of fun. Honestly, I am not sure I would have stuck with eq after returning from a long break without this. So, it was so many years ago I played there is a lot I don't remember about the game, in general. And, having the ability to level more toons faster, a lot I need to learn about the classes I never played.

I've been using mule assist. The guide has been helpful and I'm able to do most of the basic things by loading spells, AA, etc. into the UI and tweaking some of the raw settings. My main setup atm is a 113 warrior with a healing merc, a 115 ranger and then I've got some other toons I'm filling out the group with (112 wiz or 111 dru on one account), 110 necro, 110 rogue, 108 cleric and 108 bard.

I'm most interested in setting up more reliable mez with the bard right now. I know a lot of figuring this out is trial and error, but if anybody has an ini that works well for that, or settings I should tune, let me know. It works some of the time now, but I find it's firing off mez pretty late and using it sometimes when there is only one mob. So, mez is working sometimes, but it's not really reliable at all.

Other stuff I'm interested in: Is is possible to run a raid using the nav controls like follow me, come to me, chase, etc.? It would be fun to do some low level raids, but I am wondering if the same sort of mule and nav assist tools can apply?

Anyway, just fishing for some info in those areas. And, I wanted to post - for anybody that is new - it can be frustrating at first, but after sticking with it, I'm glad I did. If you can get past some bumps and figure out what to do, it has been well worth it, to me. This has been superior to the kind of true boxing I had done in the past.

My main goal going forward is to be able to set up a power leveling group I can use now and then to help fund a few accounts to keep exploring the game.

Welcome @newbox! As a newishbie myself I can attest to the challenges. I have to agree, im not sure I could have stuck around this long without MQ2. It has allowed me to truly play at my pace and enjoy the content. With kids in various sports and other interests it is difficult to commit to a group for a few hours. it sounds like you are churning through the levels pretty solidly. Being able to farm plat for krono would be nice for sure. Best of luck!

Where are you hunting with the bard? At 108, mez spells have an upper limit, so you may just need to get him higher level for the next rung of spells. Also, they’ve made some improvements for the latest KA12 and bard mez but I’m not sure if that’s applicable to MA. Someone else could probably offer better suggestions. and giants can’t be mezzed, if you’re fighting those or other mezz immune mobs

Hey, thanks Branson24. And thanks, wymranar, for trying to help me puzzle out the bard. The bard is one I just leveled up and I'm really new to trying to get him to mez - that's got to be said. I'm fighting sarnaks in and around the forts in frontier mountains. It's not the level that's an issue because I'm watching the spells cast and when they are cast - not just if they are sticking. After I posted yesterday I moved inside a fort and it was doing better firing off more mez than before, for some reason - I think I changed some settings. I'm using vorpalchicken's level 105 mule ini with wave of torpor for ae and slumber of silisia for single in the mez category. Mez was happening. But, I do notice that it's still firing off single mez when there are multiples and it's firing off ae mez when there is only one mob. It's just kind of random - although I was pretty happy it was working a lot better overall anyway.

One other thing that is puzzling to me about the bard - he doesn't want to sit down and meditate. I can get any of the other classes to do this, but for some reason, whenever I try to adjust the same raw settings to make him med, he doesn't do it and I have to manually pause the macro and sit him. Thankfully, the bard doesn't use so much mana, so it's not needed too often, but I'd like to figure that one out.

My bard is low 60s and I’ve never needed him to med. do they even have anything that uses mana? I didn’t know that was even an issue.

for awhile I thought my bard wasn’t mezzing, but come to find out he was actually charming. It was hard to follow but he was doing his job pretty OK.

Bards don't benefit from sitting to med. Their med rate never changes, so MA doesn't sit the bard.

Also, feel free to jump over to the MuleAssist forum area and post your ini. People can help you with issues more easily once they see what you're working with.

I'm not sure how running out of mana affected him really. I just med him up and it seemed to help, so I've been doing it.

But sitting definitely helps him med. It's night and day - takes forever to regen mana if standing but he regens really quick sitting down out of combat.

I found some info about how bard can regen here: https://everquest.fandom.com/wiki/Bard

Bard mana regeneration can only increase or decrease as a result of two possible factors:
  • worn mana regen and
  • Out of combat regeneration
There are some threads out there with info that basically say that bards use mana a lot less than other mana classes, but mostly some aa skills use it. I'm just learning about them. I'll post my ini and get some help.

This is not helpful in any way, but every time I see this thread title I think "Is it me you're looking for?"

Bards get meditate, but it's capped at 1, so the change in regen is due to out of combat regeneration not being active while standing (unless you're on a mount). I believe that matters for TLP after TSS is released (which is when Out of Combat Regen was introduced) but it may come in sooner. Prior to that Lemons is correct.

However, since this is a Live post, bards benefit from either being mounted or sitting but only once Out of Combat Regen would kick in. And only if they've used mana.

As for what uses mana, it's the most limiting resource on a bard so I know some charm spells use it. It's primary use is to limit the things a bard can do repeatedly.

Thanks, Knightly. It might be this is a rabbit hole issue I should just forget about. If mana doesn't affect mez, slows, or the other buffs I'm using, I don't really care if my mana is gone for most of my boxing purposes.

Are you on a Live or TLP server?

I've reworked the logic in the next release and bards will attempt to sit to med if OOC medding is available. FYI, you can always check the second tab on your Inventory screen to see exactly how different things affect your regen rates.
1602014357338.png

Question - Hello

Users who are viewing this thread

Back