• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Hate / Agro Generated HUD (1 Viewer)

LemurGuy

RedCents
Hello all. First post on the boards and i feel kinda like a noob for making it a request.

I was curious if anyone knows of a HUD or plugin that can calculate the Hate my group mates and I have Generated. I'm a Warrior and this would be inmensly useful. I could see it being hugely useful for classes such as Ranges and wizzies and Clerics too. I don't know if its even possible. I know it can be parsed and therefore i figure it should be available in a plugin or HUD (which would be ideal) somewhere.

I searched the boards and did not find anything like this.

I guess my request, since i have no offset / MQ programming / HUD designing knowledge is for someone to create a HUD that tracks, in real time, the hate i've generated during an encounter. Or perhaps just a plugin that tells me what it is at the end of a fight so i could swap weapons around. Or if something like this already exsists and my noob eyes haven't seen it could you point me to it.

Thanks!

Since no one has a percise aggro amount per spell or proc all numbers would be subject to guesstimate. Along with that you would have to leave on all people hits and then parse looking for procs or spell casting messages. So you would have to build a library that contains the wording for every spell land cast message then you would need to assign it a hate you feel is appropriate.

The issue will be that resisted spells will be a different hate and will not show to your parse and any partial resists could be argued to be more or less aggro as well which is more to calculate.

If you are a warrior just don't suck and if the rangers/wizards are taking aggro from you then tell them your capabilities are not that high and they need to watch out or start tanking. As long as you are holding aggro over the healer the problem lies with the others in grp to control their aggro. Any type of hud will be very unreliable and will always boil down to people knowing how to play their class.

Hate / Agro Generated HUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back