• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guild Question (1 Viewer)

king007

RedCents
How hard is it to be a guild leader? Does it take extensive time/money to upkeap a guild? I am thinking about creating my own guild so I can set the rules and such. any advice from guild leaders here would be great thx :D

you can use the free guild website system available from eqlive , its just really horrible and buggy :P

as far as leading a guild, its all in how much you put into it really. what is the scope of what you want to raid , is it going to be friends only family guild .. or what?

I have been leading an established family type guild for a few months now. We are fairly relaxed and only raid occasionally. It does not cost me any money and very little time. I'd say on average less then one hour a week looking up information on raids for epics, DON progression, planar progression. I have only been playing the game for 1 year and don't know very about progression, raid's, epic's and such, so it's a learning experience for me.

As far as rules, I would just say that whatever rules you want, you have to find other people willling to abide by them. Be willing to negotiate and flexible or you may have trouble adding to your guild.

Summary : It really involves what you want to put into it and what you want to do with it. I would guess that recruiting could be time consuming, depending on how selective you are. Preparing for raids, hunts, and specific kills will depend on how much you already know and how much you have to discover.

Added: BTW I do not maintain a website, would guess that seting a site up would require time, but maintance would depend a lot.

I've been a guild leader for nearly five years now with a guild that has gone through two server merges. Being a GL isn't that difficult as long as you have a good officer team, otherwise you'll be doing all the work. Think of it as a captain of a sports team.

Guild Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back