• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group AA'ing question (1 Viewer)

watisthis

RedCents
581¢
Goals in EQ are:

Be able to walk my group into any zone prior to current expansion, and have it be relatively easy.
Finish pretty much ALL SoD raids (I want to kill Brekt).

Group makeup:

1 Bard, 1 Shaman, 2 Berserker, 1 Warrior, 1 Beastlord.

Bard, Zerker and Beastlord are 110 and pretty well AA'd.

Zerker War and Shaman have now just hit 106 with effectively autogrant aa's only. All the 106's are still gold for about 16 days.

Beastlord pet is still tanking because warrior isn't currently geared to tank anything much at all.

Best AA I can find is GMM mission. I can easily pet tank 2 or 3 at a time with bards help.
The shaman and zerker 106's will stay at 106 soaking up the faster AA's with aaspend bonus=on, until gold runs out. Then I will hit 110 with them, and wait for a double/extra exp week to gold them again for aa's.

My question:

Would autogrant AA's allow my warrior to tank most of the Orcs in GMM at a time at 110? As in, rather than having to pull 2 at a time, could I pull 10-12? I have never played a tank before.
Or would it be better to leave him at 106 for AA'ing, and at some arbitrary time switch to levelling. If having a crappily AA'd 110 warrior has little to no benefit in the time it takes to kill the orcs in GMM, then I will leave him at 106 until the aa's slow down.

He would be geared in GMM non vis and Conflag armor / augs. He will be staying Gold.

Opinions?
Thanks guys

Goals in EQ are:

Be able to walk my group into any zone prior to current expansion, and have it be relatively easy.
Finish pretty much ALL SoD raids (I want to kill Brekt).

Group makeup:

1 Bard, 1 Shaman, 2 Berserker, 1 Warrior, 1 Beastlord.

Bard, Zerker and Beastlord are 110 and pretty well AA'd.

Zerker War and Shaman have now just hit 106 with effectively autogrant aa's only. All the 106's are still gold for about 16 days.

Beastlord pet is still tanking because warrior isn't currently geared to tank anything much at all.

Best AA I can find is GMM mission. I can easily pet tank 2 or 3 at a time with bards help.
The shaman and zerker 106's will stay at 106 soaking up the faster AA's with aaspend bonus=on, until gold runs out. Then I will hit 110 with them, and wait for a double/extra exp week to gold them again for aa's.

My question:

Would autogrant AA's allow my warrior to tank most of the Orcs in GMM at a time at 110? As in, rather than having to pull 2 at a time, could I pull 10-12? I have never played a tank before.
Or would it be better to leave him at 106 for AA'ing, and at some arbitrary time switch to levelling. If having a crappily AA'd 110 warrior has little to no benefit in the time it takes to kill the orcs in GMM, then I will leave him at 106 until the aa's slow down.

He would be geared in GMM non vis and Conflag armor / augs. He will be staying Gold.

Opinions?
Thanks guys

GMM isn't too rough - assuming your gear is current you shouldn't have too bad of a time doing heavy pulls (with your bard on cc duty). Conflag armor is a little poopy, but sufficient for GMM as well.

I recently had to reroll, and I did a few thousand AAs using the /aaspend brute bonus and it works surprisingly well - was very easy to get a couple thousand easy before autogranting.

I don't think you would have too much trouble, but if you're not in a hurry, might be worth getting some more of the non-autogranted stuff first

F...
Goddammit. I didn't understand that post of eqmules then. I was supposed to aa BEFORE auto granting aa wasn't I. I had autograft on from the start to boost survivability on them.

I'm a bit slow sometimes.

Last edited:
F...
Goddammit. I didn't understand that post of eqmules then. I was supposed to aa BEFORE auto granting aa wasn't I. I had autograft on from the start to boost survivability on them.

I'm a bit slow sometimes.

If you've already used autogrant than skip using the bonus mode in MQ2AASpend. I like to use the brute mode, but that's because I usually just crush AA's over the course of a few days/week when expansion comes out and then forget about AA's until next year. If you're taking it more slowly, then you have the option of defining what AAspend buys and in what order via the .ini.

If you've already used autogrant than skip using the bonus mode in MQ2AASpend. I like to use the brute mode, but that's because I usually just crush AA's over the course of a few days/week when expansion comes out and then forget about AA's until next year. If you're taking it more slowly, then you have the option of defining what AAspend buys and in what order via the .ini.

For some reason bonus mode completely passed me by. I have a silver wizzy with 500 aa that I was going to krono... this will help loads.

Normally I prefer to blast my way to 110 and then work on AA’s. However I have friends that take an opposite approach. They will get the critical AA’s per level and then switch back to experience. For example, get all the defensive AA’s on the tank at 106, once acquired then hit 107. The AA’s are Natural Durability, Combat Agility, Combat Stability, Planar Power, etc. Basically anything that improves your armor class and hit points. I don’t think there is a wrong way to do it: it just depends on your play style. Once the tank gets to 6500+ AC, you can get your toes wet in TBL.

For some reason bonus mode completely passed me by. I have a silver wizzy with 500 aa that I was going to krono... this will help loads.

It’s all good. That option is relatively new (like, within the last year or two), so if you’re familiar with MQ2 but don’t live on these boards like a few of us, it’s very easy to miss stuff. I, for one, know that I’m not using things that could make my life a lot easier just because I’m stubborn and resistant to change ;)

It’s all good. That option is relatively new (like, within the last year or two), so if you’re familiar with MQ2 but don’t live on these boards like a few of us, it’s very easy to miss stuff. I, for one, know that I’m not using things that could make my life a lot easier just because I’m stubborn and resistant to change ;)

I kinda do live on the boards now... But I remember that plugin (or a similarly named one) from the last time I used MQ2, which was when I last played... in 2012.

Question - Group AA'ing question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back