• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Griklor group makeup (1 Viewer)

RedCents
190¢
Just wondering what the best 6 person boxed group I should use to try and take down Griklor...I have a 115 Sk 115 Shaman 115 Bard 115 Cleric 115 Bezerker 115 Rogue 115 Necro 115 Mage what would be the best 6 to use.......thanks for the input

I'm taking down Grik on the regular with a 115 sk (MQ2eskay) and bard (Kissassist), 114 shaman (MQ2Shaman) and 115 necro (RGMerc). I use a caster and melee dps mercs. I get him just below 50 on the first drop and have been regularly killing him on the second drop with no deaths. I do it with mez turned off for the bard since the adds are light blue. Kill them fast enough and no issues.

Now to note, I think they secretly buffed this even with the latest patch! When Grik flies back up he usually spawns 1-2 mobs, the two times i ran it after the most recent patch on Test he was spawning 3-4. Nothing I couldn't handle but it was surprising.

I reckon your biggest burst dps combination in that lot would be SK, Sham, Bard, Zerker, Rogue, Mage

But honestly, any combination should be more than enough to one shot him (you only need to do about 2 million group dps)

So far i 1 drop grik using several group makeups
Paladin/cleric/shm(dps mode)/zerker/bst/brd
Paladin/Shm(heal mode)/zerk/zerk/bst/brd
SK/Cleric/Shm(dps mode)/rogue/mage/bard
SK/Shm/Rog/bard/mage/druid
War/shm/zerk/zerk/rog/bard
War/clr/zerk/zerk/chanter/mage

with each combo i have 1 drop Grik. I use CWTN plugins for all except paladin/bard(as they havent released those 2 yet)
you can do it easy mode or chase mode. I do easy mode i setup on the small hill just past the log to the right as you enter fort, trigger him just as he gets to the gate. and BURN him soon as he drops. 9 out of 10 runs i get him in 1 drop

I can do it, takes a few rounds, the SK for some reason chases him like a pet when he goes back into the air and have to 'pause' eskay and move it back to me...and 'recamp' at group. Why does the SK chase him? Ive tried tank and Sicmode.

Sort of off topic, so apologies.

Does the new expac have any missions that you can cheese with DPS? Like, velks/grik?

that’s the only way I was able to survive repeating those two missions so many times.

SK (MQ2Eskay), Wiz (MuleAssist_Test_Wiz_115), Ranger (MuleAssist_Test_Ranger_115), Mage (MuleAssist_Test_Mage_115), Chanter (MQ2Enchanter, or Mule), Druid (MuleAssist_Test_DPSDr00d_115) works fine too. Generally 14-19s fight. Keep in mind all range from TBL-ToV raid gear, RoS raid gear in the case of the Druid with maxed AA to ToV. So your mileage may vary. edit: For a Full Cheese run on Velks and Griklor missions best strategy is to set up your boxes so you can start a burn sequence via a command over EQBC or DanNet to Frontload the Kitchen Sink and throw it at the boss the second it gets into camp. In the case of Griklor hit the burn sequence hotkey right between the first and 2nd character call out to follow underneath Griklor so the Burns are running by the time he comes down and heads for your group.

Last edited:
Sort of off topic, so apologies.

Does the new expac have any missions that you can cheese with DPS? Like, velks/grik?

that’s the only way I was able to survive repeating those two missions so many times.
The new ST mission seems Zergable. I know there is a mechanic to it because there are emotes and crystals spawn in your hand.

But on the other hand I know a guy who was able to get the last mob to 16% before dying.

I think your question has been answered.
I love Chatwiththisname / SIC builds. I own all of his so far and will continue to buy them as they make them available. Can not wait to have a good BARD one. Which leads to the question of what are people using for Bard builds which build for a group of Melees?
So I am going to let you know that I use this and can finish Grikler in one drop in less than 30 seconds.
SK(mq2eskay), cleric(mq2cleric), 2x Zerks(MQ2Berzerker) BST (MQ2Bst), Then I change between these two as well. MQ2Monk or MQ2War / CWTN Pulling Modes

I love Chatwiththisname / SIC builds. I own all of his so far and will continue to buy them as they make them available. Can not wait to have a good BARD one. Which leads to the question of what are people using for Bard builds which build for a group of Melees?
So I am going to let you know that I use this and can finish Grikler in one drop in less than 30 seconds.
SK(mq2eskay), cleric(mq2cleric), 2x Zerks(MQ2Berzerker) BST (MQ2Bst), Then I change between these two as well. MQ2Monk or MQ2War / CWTN Pulling Modes
I’m using this kiss ini for my bard and I love it. I get great DPS and still add in that adps for the group.

I modified it for the new CoV insult and I got rid of the Storm Blade song and substituted it with Pulse of Vhal’Sera for the extra healing.

try the bard KA @sl968 posted.. its pretty amazing..

I’m guessing with that initial group you should be good.
I run it with Pally, Zerker, Mage, Shammy, Bard, and a healer merc. Fastest time was 36 seconds.
Pally can burst to million+ DPS, zerker hits around 800k. All use KissAsssit except the Zerker. he used a CWTN plugin.

with you Zerker, rogues and SK, you should be put out some nice damage

Did it in 26 seconds. Shaman ranger bard berzerker warrior rogue. Fun Fun. All toons geared with t3 player made. All have ice entrusted weapons. Shammy on healer mode. I play the ranger. Shoot n nuke. Using 5 cwtn plugs.

Strategy - Griklor group makeup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back