• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Got another snippit I need help on! (1 Viewer)

eq_contracts

RedCents
Rich (BB code):
#chat tell 

Sub Event_Chat(string ChatType,string ChatSender,string ChatText) 

/if (${ChatType.Equal[Tell]} && !${ChatSender}==[${Me.Pet.Name}])  {
command
}

OK! I'm back with a new one that has me stumped. I need the command to be executed if I receive a tell and it's NOT from my pet! Now I have if working great for all tells, but everytime my pet engages a mob it "pet tells you "Attackign a %T master", which causes problems.

The above code returns a problem because it's a string value and Me.Pet.Name turns up at a numerical. So it bombs the macro.

Can anyone help me with this one :P Thanks!

Rich (BB code):
#chat tell 

/if (${ChatType.Equal[Tell]} && ${ChatSender.NotEqual[${Me.Pet.Name}]})  {
command
}

Try that.

cronic

eq_contracts said:
Rich (BB code):
#chat tell 

/if (${ChatType.Equal[Tell]} && !${ChatSender}==[${Me.Pet.Name}])  {
command
}

OK! I'm back with a new one that has me stumped. I need the command to be executed if I receive a tell and it's NOT from my pet! Now I have if working great for all tells, but everytime my pet engages a mob it "pet tells you "Attackign a %T master", which causes problems.

The above code returns a problem because it's a string value and Me.Pet.Name turns up at a numerical. So it bombs the macro.

Can anyone help me with this one :P Thanks!

Thanks cronic!

This doesnt' give me errors anymore, since the != was having problems with the numeric value of the pets actually name IE :"Jobann00"

Which brings me to my next problem.

Chatsender would return Jobann. Me.Pet.Name returns Jobann00

that's the reason I did it the other way so I could do ${ChatSender}00

IS there a way to trick it or make it believe Jobann == Jobann00 or a way to modify the if statement..

Thanks!

Got another snippit I need help on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back