• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

GM's and what to do? (1 Viewer)

ChUzZ

RedCents
Question... I hear people saying that MQ2 is traceable by GM's is this true? because as I am only a short time user it would be interesting to know what to do and not to do when a GM is in zone etc, is anyone able to give me the run down? I find myself running away like a little girl when I see a GM zone in (i.e. /quit)

To be honest with you, and this sounds silly, but die. If you die infront of a GM and not in some dramatic way, they'll usually leave you alone if they are trying to bother you. Guides included.

-TurkReno

Typically, in my experiences using unload. If a macro is running, or your in window'd mode you will crash. If I unload MQ2, I /endmac, then make sure I'm in full screen mode before doing it. Don't have any problems when full screen.

HardOne said:
Typically, in my experiences using unload. If a macro is running, or your in window'd mode you will crash. If I unload MQ2, I /endmac, then make sure I'm in full screen mode before doing it. Don't have any problems when full screen.

I've never had /unload crash me before. I /end (if I've got a macro running) and then /unload. Then try not to look too guilty :)

HardOne said:

It's the Windowed mode that's doing it for me. I don't run in full screen ever, so I wouldn't have figured that out. thank you for the tip ;)
Now I know to go full screen and then /unload.

GM's only make themselves visible when they're working on a customer service issue. This doesn't exclude the fact that they could be looking for you. However, I've ran past GM's with MQ on, but I wasn't actively hacking either. Any minute detail that could get you caught and a true GM is on, dying is probably the best thing. /unload makes you look guilty.

GM's and what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back