• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ghostkilling Strategy (1 Viewer)

jimbo

RedCents
I wrote a little ghostkilling plugin that allows my necro to ghost-cast spells. In testing it out on relative lowbie mobs, I found that I cannot outdamage their non-aggroed regen rate. It seems that they regenerate at an obscene rate when they are not engaged (just as PCs now do).

So who has a good strategy for solo ghost-killing now?

Unless I come up with a better way, I'll have to write a different plugin to just keep spoofing my toon's location at different places within aggro range to kite the mob to stop that insane regen rate. But that adds a whole new group of issues to deal with regarding adds. I mean, hell, if I gotta do it that way, I might as well just turn up my run-speed and kite it for real.

--Jimbo

depends on the mob but most named I have done 220 to 280 hp/mana gear seems to have around 1000 hp a second regen. 3 decent rangers can ussually do this with bows and archery aa's, or one monk with nodelay can do it easy. Stuff in rage (lvl 80 named) have sick regen, I would guess close to 4000 hp a second. It takes me two monks with nodelay to do them, I cant even budge them with 5 rangers. I would say either get more necro's for your plugin, or it will be hard to do anything worth it.

Ghostkilling Strategy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back