• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

GETTING rig of newbies or how I did (good for a laugh) (1 Viewer)

molo1

RedCents
My account is still waiting to be activated so I am not asking for free access.

First off let me tell you a little bit about myself. I play a Highelf Enchanter on the quellious server. I started playing in may 1999 so this may be a bit long.

I did all the "pranks" on all the newbies that would not leave me alone, you know the ones that just "beg" you for buffs. They always think bc you are 60+ that you "owe" it to them to give up your free time JUST to buff. O.K. now that you understand the "kids" I do this to lets start this.

I would be in any random newbie zone and get a random tells (mind a buff, can you p/l me, where are you can i can get a buff from you) and this is where it starts.

First time I was EVER mean to a newbie, this guy/gal (for futher info I'll always use guy) just would not leave me alone. So after about 45min-1hour I told him That I would buff him.
I asked him to come to me (at that time i was in lesser fay at the orclift NEAR THE GUARDS). To which he was everso happy to do so. I grouped with him and used "project illusion (random kos form)" on him. After the Illusion hit I would just sit back and watch the guards make soup out of.
(if you are cleaver enough you can keep this up for hours like I did)
After I would say 3-4 trys/deaths, I would explain that he must hail the guard in troll form asap so he would not get killed (this got me another good 45 min out of him). after a while you can just laugh you butt off or give up.

SECOND time I was ever mean to some one was when putting on an item with neg hp would kill you as a low level person. Guk bottom (hand room) drops such an item (ring as a matter of fact) and I always had an endless supply of them. I would kick back and watch them loot corpse and DIE as soon as the ring was equiped. OH this is as much fun as watching bugs hit a bugzapper while drinking beer.

THIRD time was not long after when they fixed it so a low level person (below level 10) would auto get all items back on them (but they never fixed loosing hp from items and dieing from it) OOOHHH this has to be my fav one, as I just sat in my char and watched this poor Highelf go into auto die mode.
(die, pop up, die, pop up die.. ect...) Man I felt sorry for him after like 2 hours and he still in the death loop. He must have had like 50-75 corpse piled up in the zone before I finally did not see him again (think he reset his computer)

FOURTH real sim to the previous 2 (and still works today) useing the same ring. NOW sony has fixed it so no matter how much neg hp items you have you will always have 1hp. WELL it is not rocket science here, 1hp (dont matter how much ac you have) you will die in 1 hit reguardless (damaging hit) OH this is fun watching them run around and wack / loading / pop up / wack / loading. This guy was doing this for i bet 2 hours before i got bored and left. I got a random tell from the same guy about 3 days later (same level) asking how we leveled our chars up, because he could not get much experiance. I just told him it takes time (poor guy should have never begged me for items)

FIFTH was when i had a spare mod rod (when was dropable) See where I am headded yet? WELL.. hand them a rod and tell them that if they right click and live they get 250pp and it would magically appear in the bank.. but if they died the item would be lost. This one almost got me banned, but who really cares because noone ever lived.

SIXTH was in freeport (old freeport) arena (use to be a good place to kill every one as almost everyone went there). LETS see, I would do one of 2 things, charm a guard and kill them OR I would charm them, send them after the guards (out side the ring) when charm broke and they raninto the ring (as not to loose exp) i would fear them causing a train of guards. While this is happening I would gate just outside of Freeport and zone back in, just intime to see them die (usually). I did this to a gm and a few weeks later charming not avb in pvp (sigh)

SEVENTH fun to do in a newbie raid JUST AFTER A PATCH (surprisingly still works). Tell the guild/raid that you found a cheat/bug and you want them to verify it. OK this is easy to follow.. Tell them to open the invatory screen, target them self, type "/ex" and they will get a message from the server telling them how much experiance they got/average per kill/hours(min) to next kill. I have seen half of a raid force go linkdead almost at once.

Anyway, I did not have any where to post this, So I posted here just to give people a chuckle. Don't know if it will stay up (banned) or not. But I needed something to do at work.

Thanks for reading and have a good one.

You know, normally I blast ppl for hurting other players, but I will...

...I'm sure I will...

...as soon as I stop laughing. ;~)

This is hilarious!

I guess the thing is that I never begged or asked for much when I was super-newb. Once I asked for help with a quest and that turned out great. People always seem to be happy to help with a quest (as am I), but those idiots that beg for a free lunch are just begging to get screwed.

Like this very polite Bard who wanted all sorts of hand-holding. Get this: LEVEL 1 in POK asking for how to play. I told her 4 times to go back to the tutorial and do all the quests and tasks, led her to the bank and gave her a Velious Emerald (cracked, or whatever that was from Cobalt Scar, 47pp to a vendor). I s-l-o-w-l-y explained how to get back to the tutorial, sell the gem, buy her songs, and don't come back until she mastered that environment first.

Never heard from her again. Probably one of those 30-day wonders.

Now I almost wish I had one of those rings: "OK, little girl. Go back to Gloomingdeep and stand right next to the Spider Queen and put this ring on. Make sure you wait until you are right next to her..."

The worst I did was to a newb begging for money. He was lvl 13. I told him just cause im 60 (max level at the time) doesn’t mean im rich. He kept begging and begging in pst so I started to ignore him. So he finds me in FOB and /say please give me PP. So then I said ok wait here and ill go get your money. So I pull the zone to him and watch him die quickly. Then keeping agro with most of the mobs I train them away. Wait till he zoned back in and re train him. It was fun till the GM showed up. Must have killed him 4 times or so before he came tho. I got a warning after I explained my case. The GM said that if I did it again I would force him to take further action. The bright side is he didn’t beg me for anymore money.

back during kunark when North Wall in DLs was hot, me and my boy, (druid and enchanter) used to play with the noob groups.

We charmed a spider, buffed it to hell and back with druid buffs, thorns, haste, C2.....broke charm, mezzed it, mem blurred....

then moved back....

this one puller was being pretty aggressive pulling anything, no matter how close it was to another group....

I think he dropped in about 5 seconds, then the cleric...then they ran to the ZI to Karnors. I couldn't stop laughing. When the spider got to their camp, you could just see the spider's hit animation going ape shit then bam, tank was down.

good times...good times.

My Fav as a druid is to give someone like 10k copper and then port to CS. death by falling. :) and even if they live CS is a pain the arse to get out of with out a druid.

Then you give the noobie something and tell them to type /d so that it will show up as a donation for you. Hehe i played with one of them for an hour at orc one i gave them an time and he /d'ed me so i acted like i was PLing him a bit then i changed out my heal for a small nuke, was so fun he couldn't figure out what was happening.

GETTING rig of newbies or how I did (good for a laugh)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back