• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Gearing path in modern EQ (1 Viewer)

Blas

RedCents
191¢
Can anyone help me with some suggestions concerning the modern gearing path. I came back to EQ and stop'd playing in early SoD. Dident play too much of the GoD content either. So.. my toons level up in cresent and its neighboor zones. They are level 62 and mostly defiant geared. Some of it still crude defiant 🤣. I am on FV, so i was able to grab a couple of sweet weapons from PoT, for when i reach 65. But getting gear in bazaar for 1mil+ is totally not possible 😆.
So far i kill stuff well, even with the couple of defiant pieces.
At what point, whould one start to seriously upgrade in gear. I hear and read alot about group tier armor on later expansions. So i guess at some point i should start grinding quests to receive some sort of currency to upgrade in gear? Wich expansion whould that be? Or is there a better way to gear up? Please dont use too many abbreviations from newer content.
I also read about the overseer quest thing and i seen a macro that automates that. But i belive that is 70+? Can this be used to gear up a toon with armor and augs?
Well some hints whould help out alot, cheers.

Edit: I also wonder at wich point one group can solo epic 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0. Or maybe its not enough worth it, once you reach the level to one group the content? My crew consists of sk, clr, brd, 2x ber, bst

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with some suggestions concerning the modern gearing path. I came back to EQ and stop'd playing in early SoD. Dident play too much of the GoD content either. So.. my toons level up in cresent and its neighboor zones. They are level 62 and mostly defiant geared. Some of it still crude defiant 🤣. I am on FV, so i was able to grab a couple of sweet weapons from PoT, for when i reach 65. But getting gear in bazaar for 1mil+ is totally not possible 😆.
So far i kill stuff well, even with the couple of defiant pieces.
At what point, whould one start to seriously upgrade in gear. I hear and read alot about group tier armor on later expansions. So i guess at some point i should start grinding quests to receive some sort of currency to upgrade in gear? Wich expansion whould that be? Or is there a better way to gear up? Please dont use too many abbreviations from newer content.
I also read about the overseer quest thing and i seen a macro that automates that. But i belive that is 70+? Can this be used to gear up a toon with armor and augs?
Well some hints whould help out alot, cheers.
Being on FV makes your life a little easier since most things aren't no-trade and you can get gear pretty quickly because of that

I usually don't really bother much until i get a little higher because of how quickly lvls and content passes by. I recently rolled a new crew, and i got the tank a couple of upgraded pieces from the bazaar (like the Shard's Landing lvl 92 gear) and whatnot, but i didn't realllly bother until I was well into my 100s.

It kind of depends on what you're going for as far as enjoying the leveling experience or trying to get to more of the modern game. Obviously, you need to be able to kill the stuff that gets xp to get past the stuff that gives xp - and imo, eq doesn't do a really good job for helping people do that at the lower lvls. the defiant gear was supposed to fill those gaps, but even that can be hard to get (as many people don't sell it / hang on to it) - so can be hard to get for your team as you're progressing through.

My advice is to juice your tank as much as you can go as you go along, and unless you're having trouble killing stuff, don't sweat if the other dudes have some poorer gear.

Once you get to 106 (RoS xpac), conflagrant gear is very good - and since you're on FV, 105 you can use the TBL T1 gear (tradable on FV) even if you are a FTP account and don't have TBL/ToV - I usually keep my boxes in trash gear until they get 106/110 and then start working on them --- this is MUCH easier when you already have a 110+ tank to do that - but i did recently reroll, so i understand the pains of starting fresh.

you can actually do some of the TBM quests as they lvl scale - this will let you get currency that you can save for the 32 type 5 augments which really help fill in some gaps. you can also purchase gear that you can put quest augments in to "lvl" up the gear

EQResource TBM Gear

As you can see this chest piece is required lvl 70, but if you see those augment slots - you buy augments that you can increase the level/stats of that gear
1601117292449.png

this gem, for example, increases it to the 100/105 range, and increases the AC/HPS/Stats of the item piece
1601117351404.png

resources:

EQResource has great guides/walkthroughs/item searching

raidloot.com - great place for AAs, Spells, Items

Old Trusty Allah's - I prefer eqresource, but check allas every so often

This game isn't super friendly for being lvl 60s in 2020 if you don't have any resources to help you out. FV is a very friendly server tho, and lots of kind EQ folks out there - I would look into joining a guild and seeing if anyone could help you out with some remnants of tranquility - which are what is used for that TBM gear

I’m not too familiar with FV rules so I speak from normal server rules. If you are progressing on your own with your own group and no power leveling, do the Hero’s Journey quest line. This can be found in your achievements tab. If you aren‘t a glutton for punishment like me, at least just do it on your tank. At level 60, I just completed some of the Goru’kar Mesa quests and got chest pieces for all my toons that was equivalent to Flawed Defiant gear. Doing these quests will also get you non visible gear such as earrings and rings. Also, you will get random drops to upgrade your other characters as you progress. From what I’ve read, defiant should carry you to around 85 before you have to look elsewhere. good luck!

At lower levels - pre 70 you don't really need to worry about gear so much since your not going to be in it long enough. And your not of a level to start farming higher gear since its based on the level of the zone/expansion and you would die trying to fight level 90 mobs.

For the lower levels the Hero's Journey is good but you may have surpassed that - here is a list of armor from that - as you can see its level 59 ish to 70

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=elaborate+consigned

Then I would go to Oceangreen Hills for stuff like https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=114334

Franklin Teek. Daily tasks grab as many as you can. Drop down and do ones even 15-20 levels below you. You will get gear you can resell or tribute, some exp, So if you do the level 70 kill 5 task you can get a level 70 waist, belt or back item for caster or melee - free

Don't forget augs -

http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/bayles-heraldic-crest/ (this is good cause you can pick up paragon armor which is right in your level)

there is also the ole LDONs -
The Icy Prism of Avoidance from Everfrost LDON . This augment is 8% avoidance (Type 3 augment fits in many shields).

Within the game many quests offer gear or have an end result of an item you'll want/need. Another great example that takes NO TIME to complete. SOD - enter the void go to Bloody Kithicor. There is a recruiter to the left and one to the right when you enter, hail either of them and enlist which side you pick doesn't matter, then go hail the other one and you get some sweet shoulders for completed the infiltration quest and all you really did is hail and accept a faction token from each.

There are many many difference quests and tasks and missions etc out there and while it would be nice to have a short list there isn't really one. Just tons of suggestions.

Don't forget Google.

PS. Yeah, epics are easy with a group of your level, maybe a little above. Some folks will solo what parts they can around your level too. So the group should have good luck

Last edited:
Question - Gearing path in modern EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back