• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

/gate on radius or on zone in (1 Viewer)

mike23

RedCents
I was wondering if anyone might have an idea on how to do this, this being:

create a macro that will /gate your character when another PC enters a zone or possibly when they get within a certain radius of you (with exception for group members)

Well you could have you macro /who
Then in the line that says "there is 6 players in ..... wherever you are" have an event that looks for that.
From that have the macro /who every 1 min or 5 or whatever you feel safe with

Then have a line of code that checks the event and if players is > than the original number then have a sub that /gates.

I would think it would be far easier to use the ${SpawnCount} or ${NearestSpawn} top level objects. I may not have the verbage 100% correct, but it should look something like this:

/if (${NearestSpawn[PC].Distance} <= 200) /gate

-or-

/if (${SpawnCount[PC]} > 1) /gate

If that doesnt work, do a little reading on ${SpawnCount} and/or ${NearestSpawn} in the manual, the answers you want are there.

Tone said:
/if (${Spawn[Name].ID}) /gate (for in zone)
/if (${Spawn[pc Name radius #youwant].ID}) /gate (for radius)

That would work if he was looking to gate when a certain person zones in or comes near him. I think he is looking for a check for use in an AFK macro, to gate if any person enters zone or comes within a radius of him. That said, the ${Spawn[pc radius xxx].ID} would probably work better than the ${NearestSpawn} TLO for the radius check, but I think the ${SpawnCount[pc]} TLO is the most effective for the player in zone check.

Ok even easier :p
Make an alert list at the top of your macro /alert add 2 name (friendly toons)
you can add as many as you want to your alert list. /alert add 2 ${Me} is a must for this setup.
/if (${Spawn[pc noalert 2 radius some#].ID}) /gate

This way you don't gate when one of your bots, friends, or self is in zone/area :P

/gate on radius or on zone in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back