• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

For the admin who turns down all the posts (1 Viewer)

muffins37

RedCents
Since i cant PM you, i've decided to make a thread about it so everyone can see it.

I have a question for you: what kind of post do i need to make to get accepted? Looking at the forums, i've notices that all posts that arent moved were posts that were turned down (about 90%). All the posts that i can see there are posts that were turned down for not having good material or material or material that were already in the bord. This causes a problem: the first one is that we cant see a good exemple of something that was a good post.

Sorry for the poor grammar and spelling, english isnt my first language.
Thanks for your time.

It really didn't take much consideration for me to figure out what wasn't going to win that free month subscription. Given a limited understanding of convention, protocol, and formality, most readers (specifically those interested in the free subscription) should be able deduce this on their own. If not, heed the following advice: apply the rules first, as this will give you some sense of direction and a greater chance for success.

I can testify that Admin does not turn down all the posts, it is simply a matter of figuring out what is/isn't acceptable. Try taking an idea that doesn't work and subtract that approach from your knowledge base.

Just want to thank Admin for giving me the opportunity to browse some of the more interesting topics that have been presented in the subscriber's section. When I wrote my piece I did so knowing that...

May I also suggest that flaming the Admin is not going to cull any special interest in your post, so you might want to consider this strategy of very little benefit to you. The only other thing I feel that needs to be brought up at this time is that the price of a monthly subscription is very nominal and well worth the meager change that is being asked.

May I also suggest that flaming the Admin is not going to cull any special interest in your post, so you might want to consider this strategy of very little benefit to you.

Where did you see flame?

muffins37 said:
This causes a problem: the first one is that we cant see a good exemple of something that was a good post.

But you can honey! Just pay $5 with paypal and you have month to see all the posts that are in :) Half of them good examples :)

Also you can go to the section with nerfed stuff - there are lots of good examples there too.

Also please note - to get free acess you must submit really good posts. Once you are in you still need to write good posts, but you are not judged so harsh then. Still if you want to keep free acess you need to contribute to the site.

::FOR THE RECORD::

muffins37 said:
what kind of post do i need to make to get accepted?
A post that is clear and concise, does not have information that is already in the paid sections, or is written extremely well.

muffins37 said:
Looking at the forums, i've notices that all posts that arent moved were posts that were turned down (about 90%).
WRONG-100% of posts that weren’t moved were not accepted…why you ask? Because once a post is accepted it is moved out of the free access forum. This will never change, we will not leave material that is worthy of free access open for the public eye to see.

muffins37 said:
All the posts that i can see there are posts that were turned down for not having good material or material or material that were already in the bord. This causes a problem: the first one is that we cant see a good exemple of something that was a good post.

To answer the first problem…OH WELL! TOO BAD!, there is an example of a good post in the stickies. Also, the free access forum is not something that is required on this site. IT IS A PRIVILEGE! If you want free access that bad, write your own stuff…and learn from your previous mistakes. Don’t rely on what other people did in the past to get you in…

To answer the second problem…What the hell was the second problem….?

I have absolutely no problem with people speaking their minds, I will say this though...remember that I am an Administrator of Redguides.com, and just so happens that I am also the guy in charge of giving free access. I WILL NOT hold bias against someone who just plainly voices his opinion...but I WILL hold bias against someone who does it in a rude manner...(no muffins...i'm not talking about you...you're good)

What would be really cool...is if the Mod of this forum would remove the redirects instead of letting them sift slowly toward the last page...

;)

Creed said:
100% of posts that weren’t moved were not accepted…why you ask? Because once a post is accepted it is moved out of the free access forum. This will never change, we will not leave material that is worthy of free access open for the public eye to see.
Therefore, if you want to see examples of posts that are accepted, read the free access submissions daily, take note of the better ones and when you come back the next day and see that it has been moved, you have your model.

Doh... Build posts like the posts that are accepted and your post will be accepted.

Skeptic said:
What would be really cool...is if the Mod of this forum would remove the redirects instead of letting them sift slowly toward the last page...

;)

i leave them there for a reason... :p

also on a side note. if you do decide to pay the $5 for a month's free access, and if you are as good as you say you are, you should NEVER have to pay for www.RedGuides.com again...EVER! It has been 3 months since I joined and the first 2 months I got honorable mentions on both Polls (for those of you who dont know what an honorable mention is, it means I contributed to the community enough for the admin to want to give me free access to keep me around) and you can do the same. Honorable mentions = 1 free month, i think 2+ votes on the poll is 6 months free, and the top 3 i believe is 1yr free. so if you think u are good enough, pay the damn $5 and stay here for free..../rant off lol.

First off, I submitted some useful posts to demonstrate my willingness to help the guides community. I'm not saying that alone to should qualify for access to creed's little kingdom, but it certainly deserves better than a big red DENIED stamp.

Creed is just a little too full of himself, it would seem. And after browsing this non-member section -- which contains a great deal of information in and of itself that would help most new players in WOW -- and have seen the disrespect creed and several of the "members" have posted, I can very honestly say it will be a cold day in hell before I give Creed a penny to pay for his hobby site and inflate his ego any more than it is.

Now I'm not here just to bitch and complain because my submissions were denied. Actually I was expecting them to, because Creed has rejected hundreds of other people for their obvious hard work and efforts. My purpose in posting was to provide some information to others that may not know about those particular little tactics.

(Oh, and for the record, subscribing and cancelling your account is not credit card fraud -- technically, it's intentional account fraud and internal system manipulation. However I used to work for a credit card company, in the fraud division, and this doesn't qualify as "fraud". You should maybe educate yourself before you go trying to claim such a thing.)

At any rate, don't expect me to post again or visit your site. Frankly you have a lot to learn about respecting your visitors, and how to properly moderate your site. And I would suggest implimenting some posting regulations so your paying members -- for which some have demonstrated clearly feel they are better than any of the other poor bastards posting here "begging" for access -- can't insult your "guests". I'm sure you'll do something cute with my account, delete my post, or whatever, and honestly that's not my concern. Once you've read my post my job is done. But take it to heart, as it's feedback from a webmaster of a site with over 75k members and that makes a better revenue than your site does (from donations, no less!).

Oh yeah. And clean up your site. This place is a huge mess, very cluttered, and contains posts that are very old and quite useless. Lots of duplicate posts and posts about nothing (ala, this entire thread). You should be embarassed that you're showing the general public this train wreck.

Toodles!
--Akevo

Akevo said:
First off, I submitted some useful posts to demonstrate my willingness to help the guides community. I'm not saying that alone to should qualify for access to creed's little kingdom, but it certainly deserves better than a big red DENIED stamp.

correct...they were useful, but already in the site...which leads to no access...

Akevo said:
Creed is just a little too full of himself, it would seem. And after browsing this non-member section -- which contains a great deal of information in and of itself that would help most new players in WOW -- and have seen the disrespect creed and several of the "members" have posted, I can very honestly say it will be a cold day in hell before I give Creed a penny to pay for his hobby site and inflate his ego any more than it is.

nice to see you have morals...BTW...it's not my site...
and yes...i do have a very big ego...also, can you show me some of the disrespectful things i have said?...and i will gladly either apologize for them...or expalin why i said them...i'm also a very straight-foward person

Akevo said:
Now I'm not here just to bitch and complain because my submissions were denied. Actually I was expecting them to, because Creed has rejected hundreds of other people for their obvious hard work and efforts. My purpose in posting was to provide some information to others that may not know about those particular little tactics.

Just because someone puts hard work and effort into something...doesn't mean it's worthy of free access...it has to be RELEVANT and NEW (or exceptionally written)

Akevo said:
(Oh, and for the record, subscribing and cancelling your account is not credit card fraud -- technically, it's intentional account fraud and internal system manipulation. However I used to work for a credit card company, in the fraud division, and this doesn't qualify as "fraud". You should maybe educate yourself before you go trying to claim such a thing.)

(Oh, and to correct the record, subscribing and cancelling your account (after playing it) for the sole-purpose of getting free game time for a game that is not free is fraud...doesn't matter if you call it credit fraud or account fraud...it's still fraud and can still land you in jail...

Akevo said:
as it's feedback from a webmaster of a site with over 75k members and that makes a better revenue than your site does (from donations, no less!).

seems i'n not the only one that's full of myself...

Akevo said:
Oh yeah. And clean up your site. This place is a huge mess, very cluttered, and contains posts that are very old and quite useless. Lots of duplicate posts and posts about nothing (ala, this entire thread). You should be embarassed that you're showing the general public this train wreck.

it's a community site...where you are allowed to talk about whatever the hell you want...and I can't speak for Redbot..(the owner of the site)..but i can say i am EXTREMELY PROUD of this site, and many of it's members.

I was a former member of the site for about 8 months or so. Cancelled when I quit playing EQ cause of new baby. Well I started back up about a month ago and just opped for a year rather monthly cause I find this site so useful and fun.

I am not big on cheating and still find many many posts from other members in here that are extremely helpful and make the game more fun. I also have no prob getting around the site and like that old posts are left in so I can find em later if I need em.

Pay the 5$ and you will most likely agree. If 5$ is to much for ya then how ya paying for the online game you coming here to inquire about anyways? :)

Akevo said:

At any rate, don't expect me to post again or visit your site. Frankly you have a lot to learn about respecting your visitors, and how to properly moderate your site. And I would suggest implimenting some posting regulations so your paying members -- for which some have demonstrated clearly feel they are better than any of the other poor bastards posting here "begging" for access -- can't insult your "guests". I'm sure you'll do something cute with my account, delete my post, or whatever, and honestly that's not my concern. Once you've read my post my job is done. But take it to heart, as it's feedback from a webmaster of a site with over 75k members and that makes a better revenue than your site does (from donations, no less!).

Toodles!
--Akevo

wow did you really want access for free that bad? and why did you submit something if you though it wasnt good enough to get access

just because you got denied doesnt mean that we're all jerks because what you said would land us all in jail and you "worked" for a credit card company in the one section that we're talking about

Creed also has founded an "army" of people who are there for the sole-purpose of feeding his ego

/salute Creed

btw Creed i was joking about the posting for stupidity thing...
i have no idea how bad that rant was but sorry for this random post

RedBot should put a counter somewhere on the site to show both the number of subscribers and the number of hits he's gotten that day.

Akevo said:
It is true, Creed is not an attorney. However, I am! Will you accept MY word? Here is the legal definition of fraud:

1. The actor must make a representation that is false.
2. The actor must know it is false.
3. The falsehood must be generated for the purpose of inducing another to act.
4. The victim must indeed Act on the representation.
5. The victim must be injured as a direct result of their acting on the falsehood.

Lets see:
Aveko offers to pay for online access with a credit card.
Aveko has no intention of paying for the access.
The seller accepts the proffer of Aveko's credit card
The seller provides Aveko with access to a for-pay site
The seller is not paid for providing that access.

Fella, its all there. I am not a litigator, but even I could make any jury in Texas believe that Aveko has committed fraud. Wanna try your luck?

DrZap said:
5. The victim must be injured as a direct result of their acting on the falsehood.

---------------------------

-Aveko offers to pay for online access with a credit card.
-Aveko has no intention of paying for the access. (physically impossible to prove that it was mallicious, perhaps he didn't like the site after gaining access, but I'll give this to you because it is irrelevant)
-The seller accepts the proffer of Aveko's credit card
-Aveko cancells subscription
-The seller knows full well that the subscription is cancelled
-The seller provides Aveko with access for free, knowing they are not being paid.

There is no denying the fact that the seller's computer system is aware that his account has been cancelled. If it wasn't, it would still be charging him. The seller is knowingly providing free access to a non-paying customer. That's a fact.

-CodeCaster (Prior student of Salmon P. Chase College of Law)

Last edited:
DrZap said:
It is true, Creed is not an attorney. However, I am! Will you accept MY word? Here is the legal definition of fraud:

Lets see:

Fella, its all there. I am not a litigator, but even I could make any jury in Texas believe that Aveko has committed fraud. Wanna try your luck?

O GOD BIG WORDS...

I need a new bag that i cant read from

By this "exceptionally well written" phrase you keep repeating... Does this mean it can already exist in the members section, but if you write using easily understandable grammar and mechanics, setting it up into an easy-to-follow form with vivid descriptions and even some pictures to help out with the nice, step by step guide, you have a chance to get access? (for instance, perhaps this guide is MUCH better than a current members' one which accomplishes the same task). Or, is that phrase simply a general rule to follow when writing something, meaning it still has to be entirely new? (of course the 'rule' should be followed regardless, but you get what I'm trying to portray.) (i think... :P)

by exceptionally well written...i mean...if i look at the guide...and say 'Holy Shit..that is nice'...you're probably gonna get in.

i flamed creed because i helped him when i had access but couldnt come up with anything when i didnt have access. I seriously doubt, however much good stuff i put in for free submissions that i will get chosen for a freebie. Or you could go to another site that just has stupid stuff like where to mount on a boat. Or if you want to look at things that have been posted and not decided yet go ahead. The stuff that is accepted look at it, copy it to like a 100mb word file and go back and look later if you see that it is accepted and moved.

TeachersPet said:
Haven't found a paysite yet that doesn't blatantly copy RedGuides

Every site i'm with has stuff from Redguides I even see stuff on the VIP Forums of MQ2 newbs paste now and again thinking they won't get flamed

For the admin who turns down all the posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back