• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Fippyzone crash (1 Viewer)

jadel

RedCents
Hi guys, looking the latest release notes I assume fippyzone should be working ok. For me it CTD whenever I try to /fippyzone. I have never used it before, so maybe I am not doing something right

I have tried with piggyzone both loaded and unloaded so im not sure what else to try.

Thanks

OK new edit:

I deleted everything and started with the fresh compile... and now it seems fine. Im not sure what was wrong. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Question on the plugin though. Does it stop zoning you if you turn up and theres a bunch of people around you? Or doesnt it not care. I thought it might look a bit odd zoning in then out like that.

Also what would happen if you zoned into a keyed zone like Howling stones without a key? I imagine that wouldnt be a great idea?

Finally --- i know im stretching the friendship a bit. But is it ok to enter mq2 commands in the regular eq chat window, I couple of times I have almost done it and had a small panic attack thinking its all over! Its because pressing enter opens the chat line in normal rather than the new mq2 chat window.

OK thanks again for your help mate.

Last edited:
OK new edit:

I deleted everything and started with the fresh compile... and now it seems fine. Im not sure what was wrong. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Question on the plugin though. Does it stop zoning you if you turn up and theres a bunch of people around you? Or doesnt it not care. I thought it might look a bit odd zoning in then out like that.

Also what would happen if you zoned into a keyed zone like Howling stones without a key? I imagine that wouldnt be a great idea?

Finally --- i know im stretching the friendship a bit. But is it ok to enter mq2 commands in the regular eq chat window, I couple of times I have almost done it and had a small panic attack thinking its all over! Its because pressing enter opens the chat line in normal rather than the new mq2 chat window.

OK thanks again for your help mate.

sweet you probably just had an old file.

No it doesn' t check for players in any respect. Once you start its a done deal.

Keyed zones on TLP no clue Try it and find out. It usually crashes to server select

Entering commands in normal chat windows is fine. Only thing is you if you mistype something like zone northkarana instead of /zone northkarana it acts like /say zone northkarana.

safest things to do for commands are thus.

1:) Make some hotkeys using your most common commands. Saves time and heartache.

2:) Put your default chat channel into something your never using/not in, fellowship, raid chat, or a custom channel with a password. You will have to remember to use /say or ' before /say messages and type /g /gu etc, but that way if you miss your / on a command you type in, everybody around you doesn't see you type "Ghost On" or "Zone Uberplace"

But really hotkeys for stuff like /warp target /succor /gate /fade are really useful if you use any or all of those commands, maybe an /end hotkey and hotkeys for macros you use often.

Fippyzone crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back