• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Finding a free copy of VS (1 Viewer)

Tiama

RedCents
Ok, I've read through Dark's guide to compiling MQ for free and saw the instructions by Pugs for finding a free copy of VS.net. When I search IsoHunt, I get a lot of different hits. Some are Visual Studio 6 enterprise edition, or Visual Studio 2005 professional edition. What I need to know is, which one should I download?

Anything except 2005. It seems 2005 doesn't like good, clean logical code. It has to be contorted into some obscure non-standard sludge in order to work quasi-properly. At least, that is the way it was when I beta-tested it.

-CodeCaster

I personally use VS.net 2003 Enterprise it is basically the same shit as the online method that was used back in the day and it works awesome ISOhunt has it listed if you need a serial that is another issue I had it took me a few days of browsing the internet to finally find one but I got it going also you don't need to burn it all to disk you can use Alcohol 120 to install it by using an emulated cd rom. GL

What codecaster said about 2005.

VS.NET 2003 is actually the best, the MQ2 devs are thinking about dropping VS6 and turning their code into half obscure non-standard sludge so it will be compilable in 2005 as well as 2003 because 2003 will compile half obscure non-standard sludge but 6 won't.

P.S. Not everything exept 2005 works, 5.0 and lower doesn't ;)

Another question. I've gotten everything done and compiled just the basic MQ. What I want to know is why my executable of MQ has a date of 9/24/04 and if I download Code's the date is 11/20/05?

I started EQ just to see if I would get an incorrect client version and did not, but didn't go any farther than the EULA screen.

Cade said:
What codecaster said about 2005.

VS.NET 2003 is actually the best, the MQ2 devs are thinking about dropping VS6 and turning their code into half obscure non-standard sludge so it will be compilable in 2005 .

;)

Cade,

Does this mean Visual studio.net 2005 is useless to me for time being?
Guess the answer is Yes :(
Have you any idea if you will make MQ compilable with VSnet2005 and when?
:cool:

Last edited:
Finding a free copy of VS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back