• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Find offsets? Docrack stuff? Plugins? Guide? (1 Viewer)

nijhal

RedCents
10¢
Okay, I would like someone to point me to a guide or something where I can find offsets on my own. I want to be more productive for our site here. And I really want to see if that docrack will work for tailoring and smithing (see my other thread). But first I need to see how we find offsets. If anyone can give me some pointers, or examples, please let me know where to look.

And of coarse I will be sharing any offsets with our community.

Also, many dont know this but I am homebound, I dont get to leave my house often, so I have alot of time to offer to MQ. I would also like to learn how to make plugins.

Can anyone tell me the programming language MQ Macros are in? Also, what programming language Plugins are written in. And if possible recommend any books to read? I am getting ready to order some books from boarders and would like to add something for learning in there and I think what better way than learn what I like to do anyways!!

Macros are in a custom script, only used by macroquest. It's not the same as any real programming language.

Macroquest itself & the plugins are written in C++.

If you dont have a reasonably understanding of programming in general, and C++ in particular then your first step is to learn them. There is a metric assload(tm) of e-books and training simulators you can find at any good torrent / emule link site. Or you can spend a few hundred at amazon if your that way inclined (but hey your using MQ2 to cheat, so prolly not).

There are some posts over in the MQ2 VIP forums which will probably be of interest to you once you have some programming skills.

How to Locate Everquest Offsets

The Complete Idiots Guide to MQ2 Plugins

Guide to finding & updating structs

Hope that helps, and g'luck with learning mate.

Find offsets? Docrack stuff? Plugins? Guide?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back