• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Feel free to improve this sub (1 Viewer)

RedCents
944¢
So, in my BAM macro I have a sub for casting illusions (Human or Skeleton) and the code below works (as far as I can see and have been able to test), but it feels awkward and cumbersome, also I am not sure that it covers all scenarios/posibilities.

The idea is to:
  • Always have an illusion. Be without illusion as little as possible. Items: Amulet of Necropotence (Skeleton, instant cast) and Circlet of Disguise (Human, 7 second cast)
  • Prefer Human illusion, but use Skeleton illusion as a last resort (use instant cast skeleton if you are busy fighting a mob or running around not paying attention).
  • Avoid chat window spam
  • Do not cast illusion if you are already casting illusion (the event fires three times, I think, or atleast twice).
The sub triggers either on an event ("You feel as if you are about to look like yourself again.") or simply if you find yourself without buff because:
  • You died
  • Your illusion faded whilst the macro was not running
  • Your illusion was debuffed

Thoughts? Improvements? Spot any bugs or ways this can fail? One illusion blocks another, what if I sometimes want to use a third illusion (manual click)?

Sub Cast_Illusion:
Sub Cast_Illusion
  /if (!${Me.Casting.ID}) {
    /if (${Me.Buff[Illusion: Skeleton].ID} > 0 || ${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID} > 0) {
      /useitem "Amulet of Necropotence"
    } else /if (${Me.Combat} || ${Me.Moving}) {
      /removebuff Illusion
    } else {
      /if (${Me.Sitting}) {
        /useitem "Circlet of Disguise"
        /delay 8s
        /sit
      } else {
        /delay 8s
      }
    }
  }
/return

In my opinion, take it with a whole table of salt...ditch the sub, and process the illusion part with a LEM instead. Plenty of examples to go by already for a quick modification. Now it would be universal across multiple toons if you would like, versus the one MNK.

So, in my BAM macro I have a sub for casting illusions (Human or Skeleton) and the code below works (as far as I can see and have been able to test), but it feels awkward and cumbersome, also I am not sure that it covers all scenarios/posibilities.

The idea is to:
  • Always have an illusion. Be without illusion as little as possible. Items: Amulet of Necropotence (Skeleton, instant cast) and Circlet of Disguise (Human, 7 second cast)
  • Prefer Human illusion, but use Skeleton illusion as a last resort (use instant cast skeleton if you are busy fighting a mob or running around not paying attention).
  • Avoid chat window spam
  • Do not cast illusion if you are already casting illusion (the event fires three times, I think, or atleast twice).
The sub triggers either on an event ("You feel as if you are about to look like yourself again.") or simply if you find yourself without buff because:
  • You died
  • Your illusion faded whilst the macro was not running
  • Your illusion was debuffed

Thoughts? Improvements? Spot any bugs or ways this can fail? One illusion blocks another, what if I sometimes want to use a third illusion (manual click)?

Sub Cast_Illusion:
Sub Cast_Illusion
  /if (!${Me.Casting.ID}) {
    /if (${Me.Buff[Illusion: Skeleton].ID} > 0 || ${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID} > 0) {
    } else /if (${Me.Combat} || ${Me.Moving}) {
      /removebuff Illusion
    } else {
      /if (${Me.Sitting}) {
        /delay 8s
        /sit
      } else {
        /delay 8s
      }
    }
  }
/return
Lua would be an improvement.
It casts aon if you already have aon buff? Looks like it's just gonna spam it if the buffs up.
And if it's not up, which illusion you cast just depends if you're fighting/moving? Seems an odd condition to decide on a illusion

It casts aon if you already have aon buff? Looks like it's just gonna spam it if the buffs up.
And if it's not up, which illusion you cast just depends if you're fighting/moving? Seems an odd condition to decide on a illusion
HAHA, I didn't even see that in the code, just went straight to the LEM solution, but yes, @aquietone is correct:

INI:

That alone will spam if your Skeleton illusion ID > 0, which will be if you cast it once.

Amulet of Necropotence is instant click, which means that it can be cast without interrupting combat, and it can be cast when you move. At least that is the intention behind the code.

Question - Feel free to improve this sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Back