• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - External UI for EQ data (1 Viewer)

RedCents
11,239Ā¢
Is there a method by which all of the EQ data could be parsed to external data windows as opposed to having the 9 or 10 windows within the EQ overall view that I currently use? Using multiple screens, but not needing the real estate for other instances of EQ, it would be nice to pull the data stream we currently see in EQ and display it in a configurable fashion outside of EQ to maximize viewing options and minimize distractions in our primary play window.

Maybe addressed, but search couldn't find, for which I apologize.

Well, you can launch EQBC Server using the standalone screen, and the MQ windows in game can be minimized (top left corner of MQ window).....

so that much we can already control.

Additionally, if you want to drop resources from your boxed toons, you can take a look into mq2eqwire plugin- It turns off the UI and rendering from your background toons, significantly dropping the CPU and GPU workload.

Hope that helps, hit Thanks if it did!

Last edited:
I am using eqwire already, although I appreciate the input. I was more looking for a means to clean up the clutter in my window so I can actually see the battlefield, and move some of that crap in the UI to a further extreme. Granted, that's partially self induced, but damn we have a lot of hotbutton needs at higher levels.

Let me see if Iā€™m understanding you correctly. You want a minimalist UI and want to eliminate as many UI elements as you can so that you enjoy EQā€™s graphics?

If Iā€™m understanding correctly, then thereā€™s a systematic approach we can take to getting closer to that goal. My first recommendation is a custom minimalist UI skin. Iā€™d start by talking to @kaen01 about using his beautiful, functional, and minimal UI.

The next solution may be less practical for you, but it is a solution. All those hot buttons can be eliminated by taking those hot button texts and setting them up in MQ2CustomBinds. There are advantages and disadvantages of this. The disadvantages are that setting it up could be confusing and also requires you to remember what previous hot button goes to which keybind. The advantages are that you can get rid of all of you hotbars and create lots of room. Additionally, keybinds always work, unlike the client hotbottons (ie during casting). Plus itā€™s worth mentioning that you set it up once and it works on all clients right away. Additionally, you donā€™t need to wreck your hot buttons, you can open your EQ keybinds, map all hot button barsā€™ visibility to the same key and toggle them on/off as needed (I use Shift+H). If this sounds interesting to you and need help setting it up after reading instructions, message me and Iā€™d be glad to.

As for chat boxes, many solutions come to mind, some already answered above. Iā€™d use @alynelā€™s most excellent MQ2Discord and turn all filters on. That is a lot of verbose spew, but it would probably work. He has an excellent write up on how to get it working. There are also older solutions that would be a bit less effective without some set up, like MQ2Telnet and MQ2IRC.

Group window and possibly target window can be eliminated, if one chose to, with @jimbobā€™s EQBCi Windows program. I personally have very negative feelings toward EQBC itself and have entirely removed it from my arsenal, but Jimbob did very good work on the UI and function of EQBCi. The app is included in very vanilla.

Iā€™m typing this on my phone right after waking up with a massive hangover and still half asleep and drunk so Iā€™m probably forgetting something. But between all these options, Iā€™d say you can have a 70-80% decrease in visible UI so that you can better enjoy the beautiful sights of Norrarh.

Request - External UI for EQ data

Users who are viewing this thread

Back