• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Exploit: Ghetto No-Drop Transfer (Across Accounts) (1 Viewer)

TeachersPet

RedCents
51¢
I'm releasing this before a former friend does, just to make sure I get credit for my find. (Plus I need votes for next month's thing, my free sub runs out in 6 days)

This worked after the DoDH patches in the one RIGHT before the one that nerfed the "create any name character" thing. It most likely still works now but I hold no guarrantee.

1) Take two accounts that have /changename available (it possibly works if you pay to have your name changed, but it hasn't been tested that way).

2) Put all items on the player that you want to move the items from, then die and leave the entire corpse. (You can die multiple times if you can't fit all items)

3) /changename to anything, it really doesn't matter what you change it to.

4) /changename on the 2nd account to the name of the first character

5) Loot the corpses and enjoy!

Once you loot everything up if you wanted to pay to have your name changed back, I wonder if you could do it or not? Or would all the /changename activity raise some flags and draw too much attention to yourself?

They don't look at any history when they change names. I had a friend once pay to change his name 4 times in one week, and they happily took his money.

Be careful with this....I just tried this, using a character that had an X appended to his name after a merger. The the name change on the character that I wanted to move items off of went through, but that name has apparently been caught in the naming filter, as I cannot get that name on a new account......worse yet, the corpse I left off the original character seems to have poofed. Use caution.

Merle, the way I figured out this bug was when I got drunk one night and died in VT and changed my name before looting my corpse. I had to petition to a GM to get my corpse looted. Just do that. BTW, are you SURE the corpse has poofed?

The corpse is not in the location that I left it, it does not show up on MQ2map and is not targetable. It is possible that its stuck in shadowrest or somewhere.....I figured if I could get a new character made with the right name, I might be able to recover with the corpse summoning altar, or corpse summon AA, but I am unable to get another toon that name. *shrug*

Could you do this, put charecter a up, put the items on corpse and die, then delete charecter, then make another charecter with that name and just loot np?

Exploit: Ghetto No-Drop Transfer (Across Accounts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back